Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of dilemma...

Default Speaking of dilemma...

Do I start Brees or Romo this weekend?

Man, tough call. Romo played really well on Sunday but Miami's defense is freakin' stellar. I would be tempted to pick Brees because I could see him getting better numbers going against a weaker Tampa Bay team.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Man, tough call. Romo played really well on Sunday but Miami's defense is freakin' stellar. I would be tempted to pick Brees because I could see him getting better numbers going against a weaker Tampa Bay team.
    I think you're probably right. The 'Girls o-line took a lot of penalties last week and i'm still sticking to my theory that Romo will spend a lot of time on his back this year. I was dissapointed with Brees. Brees: 3 points and Romo: 37. I lost last week just on that move alone.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I think you're probably right. The 'Girls o-line took a lot of penalties last week and i'm still sticking to my theory that Romo will spend a lot of time on his back this year. I was dissapointed with Brees. Brees: 3 points and Romo: 37. I lost last week just on that move alone.
    Yeah, I don't blame you for doubting Brees this week. It's tough to start Brees over Romo with such a difference in numbers. The best to hope for may be that last week was a fluke for Brees, though. He's usually pretty good and has guys who can make plays for him. Still a hard choice though because Romo played so well and has some good targets to go to as well. If the Cowgirls were playing somebody other than the Phin's D, I would start Romo in a second but those fish have some outstanding defense. I would still probably roll the dice on Brees because he probably won't have two bad weeks in a row. Especially against the Bucs. I could be wrong, though.

Breeze will bounce back this week.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I'd go with Brees.

I'd go with Romo. The way to beat a Tampa2 defense is to run up the middle, especially in the red zone. Deuce is gonna be the feature in the NO offense this weekend. Miami has a good defense, but they showed that they have some weaknesses, especially to the big play...a very average Randle El ended up with over 150 yards receiving. Owens, Crayton and Hurd will be far be tougher to shut down than S.Moss, Lloyd and Randle El.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I'd go with Romo. The way to beat a Tampa2 defense is to run up the middle, especially in the red zone. Deuce is gonna be the feature in the NO offense this weekend. Miami has a good defense, but they showed that they have some weaknesses, especially to the big play...a very average Randle El ended up with over 150 yards receiving. Owens, Crayton and Hurd will be far be tougher to shut down than S.Moss, Lloyd and Randle El.
    Man, you have a way of just cutting to the chase. Good points. Not only do the Cowgirls have good receivers, they also have Witten who had a good game last week. I hadn't thought about the fact that the weakest part of Miami's D is the long-ball, either. I don't know how heavy NO is going to go with Deuce this week, though. They seem to be trying to get Bush more involved so much now that it may be to a fault. They didn't try Deuce much against the Ponies which was one reason they got so beat up in that game, imo. If the 'Aints decide to go with some bread and butter up the middle, I'll agree that Brees may not put up big numbers. It seems to me that they just want to send Bush out on screens instead of running Deuce anymore, though.

The NO coaching staff put together solid game plans on offense all year last year. They didn't do that on accident. They know how to look at the film and tear apart their own team and work from their strengths. Bush is much better in space, and McCallister is much better running up the middle. The problem they had last week is they couldn't game plan for the amount of improvement that Indy made to their interior run D, especially with the losses at DT....they tried to run Bush up the middle a lot with no success. This week expect them to attack Tampa up the middle with Deuce, and use Bush as a slot receiver much of the day.

I love me my football, and I have a number of fantasy teams, so I have to break it down every week.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The NO coaching staff put together solid game plans on offense all year last year. They didn't do that on accident. They know how to look at the film and tear apart their own team and work from their strengths. Bush is much better in space, and McCallister is much better running up the middle. The problem they had last week is they couldn't game plan for the amount of improvement that Indy made to their interior run D, especially with the losses at DT....they tried to run Bush up the middle a lot with no success. This week expect them to attack Tampa up the middle with Deuce, and use Bush as a slot receiver much of the day.

I love me my football, and I have a number of fantasy teams, so I have to break it down every week.
    Okay, but what about the 'girls o-line. They have a reject at LG, an average LT, and a right side that got called for false starts several times on Sunday night. Is the right side timid? I think Romo will have major problems with a decent pass rush this year. Will the fish get him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast