Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the Bonkos that bad?

Default Are the Bonkos that bad?

Are the Bonkos really that bad or are we showing some improvement. I vote the latter. I really think the bonks are a locker room divided. On one side you got the shanarat holdovers, on the other side you got the rest. When josh-boy sat his star player on a game they had to win to sneak into the playoffs, the writing was on the wall and imo the rest of the shanarats said screw it. Not to take anything away from the Chiefs, as we took complete advantage and destroyed them! Sweet!
    So going into next year will we have an advantage over the Bonkos? Absolutlely! I mean which situation is better: 8-8 and miss the playoffs yet again with a final game dismantling at the hands of a 3-12 rebuilding team? OR : 4-12 with a final game destruction of a division rival with solid rumours of Crennell and possibly Weiss joining us along with a helluva draft? I'll take the latter!
    I admit I thought that Haley had lost this team. But I was wrong. Wwwwwrong. They played hard their final game. At 3-12 our Chiefs played as if they were headed to the playoffs themselves. Well, maybe they are. Just getting a head start going into next year....
    Have a great off-season Bonkos! LOL!!!
    SHUT IT

We definetly played a awesome game on offense, defense not so much, Carr was getting beat like he stole something.

I think it was alittle of both. Denver couldn't do anything after the first pick. We played the game and finished. We improved by scoring on the first drive, and I think the OL is getting better. No sacks for Cassel.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well DJ got 2 lucky pick 6s, otherwise we probably lose that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Are the Bonkos really that bad or are we showing some improvement...
    Yes.

I would have to say both. But I said all year I did not think that Denver was that good. THere 6-0 start had alot to do with who they played. But over the last few games the Chiefs were very competive so we had improved. hopefuly denver is just as bad next year and we are better.

I wasn't able to watch the first half much. I tend to think it's a little of both...yes, we're improving, and yes, the Donk's are that bad.

I know I'm bias, but...it's been my opinion for several seasons that the Donk's have never been as good as many of their season records indicate. They seem to have much luck on their side, as well as ref calls. They have a home advantage other teams don't, with high altitude, of which helps more than most realize. They've had soft schedules by comparison, and so on. Oh yeah, and they've been known to cheat! HA! :)

The Chiefs team I saw play in the last half reminded me much of the 90's Chiefs team. I had goosebumps at times! It was awesome! Had Cassel not had the one interception, we very likely would've had a score of 51 to 17, considering the Donk's scored a TD on that interception, and we were playing well, heading for the endzone.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I wasn't able to watch the first half much. I tend to think it's a little of both...yes, we're improving, and yes, the Donk's are that bad.

I know I'm bias, but...it's been my opinion for several seasons that the Donk's have never been as good as many of their season records indicate. They seem to have much luck on their side, as well as ref calls. They have a home advantage other teams don't, with high altitude, of which helps more than most realize. They've had soft schedules by comparison, and so on. Oh yeah, and they've been known to cheat! HA! :)

The Chiefs team I saw play in the last half reminded me much of the 90's Chiefs team. I had goosebumps at times! It was awesome! Had Cassel not had the one interception, we very likely would've had a score of 51 to 17, considering the Donk's scored a TD on that interception, and we were playing well, heading for the endzone.
    Hell Yeah!!

REPPPPP....
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    Well DJ got 2 lucky pick 6s, otherwise we probably lose that game.
    Ty Law got lucky by returning an INT backt to the 2...

Charles had 259 rushing yards. That is not LUCK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast