Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnson and charles

Default Johnson and charles

Since Jamaal charles Has been the starting back, there has only been on man better than him and that's Chris Johnson.

Speaking of Johnson, Jamaal is better than Larry even when larry is at his best.(Charles broke Chiefs alsingle game rushing record)

Needless to say im ready for next season.

Agree! Especially with being ready for 2010 Season!

I'm bummed...it's a long wait till preseason in August. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Normally I'd disagree, because LJ was other worldly in 2005, but LJ also had arguably the best OL in football.

JC did what he did with arguably the WORST OL in football. in that regard JC's season >>>>> LJ's 2005/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Agree! Especially with being ready for 2010 Season!

I'm bummed...it's a long wait till preseason in August. :(

But at least in present day we have the internet to keep up with things. Remember in years past where once the season ended, we were all pretty much out of the loop until just before pre-season would begin?

The horror....

I look forward to the offseason moves the Chiefs are going to make- starting with coaching staff.

Clancy Pendergast--> <-- Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    But at least in present day we have the internet to keep up with things. Remember in years past where once the season ended, we were all pretty much out of the loop until just before pre-season would begin?

The horror....

I look forward to the offseason moves the Chiefs are going to make- starting with coaching staff.

Clancy Pendergast--> <-- Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli
    That is so true! Even more recently in my case, cause I wasn't participating actively with a Chiefs website, hahaha. Now I am, so the off season will be much easier to endure! Thanks Chiefs Crowd!

Looking forward to and attending Draft Day at Arrowhead in April use to help. I haven't been able to attend the last two yrs due to family related issues. I was planning on attending again this year, but I was told that they've changed it so much it's not what it use to be, not worth attending??

Guess I'll wait and see when they announce plans & details for this years Arrowhead Draft Day Party.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

For the first time in a long time i am so excited to be a chief fan again I can not wait till next year. So much good did come out of this season despite the 4-12 record. Mostly Jamal Charles. Its an exciting time thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    Normally I'd disagree, because LJ was other worldly in 2005, but LJ also had arguably the best OL in football.

JC did what he did with arguably the WORST OL in football. in that regard JC's season >>>>> LJ's 2005/2006
    One could argue that 2005/2006 LJ was a better runner, but he was poor at catching passes out of the backfield and making blocks. He was also not much of a team player as Jamal seems to be.

2009 Jamal is a better football player than 2005/2006 LJ in my opinion and he is only 23.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    One could argue that 2005/2006 LJ was a better runner, but he was poor at catching passes out of the backfield and making blocks. He was also not much of a team player as Jamal seems to be.

2009 Jamal is a better football player than 2005/2006 LJ in my opinion and he is only 23.
    I really don't think he was poor at catching. Descent I would say. Blocking was a problem with LJ yes. LJ was really good before the injury. He had a great game in the game he got injured. I really don't think the contract had anything to do with it. Just the o line and the injury. We had QB issues and couldn't pass very well so defenses cracked down solely on LJ. Defenses are going to adjust to Charles next year like they did with LJ. LJ continued his success without Roaf the next year. We will see what Charles does with a most likely improved line and defenses to stop him.

Now Holmes was almost all O line. Not much speed or power or agility. Just followed blockers to perfection.

If Charles continues success this is what i think
    Charles>LJ>Okoye>Holmes
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I really don't think he was poor at catching. Descent I would say. Blocking was a problem with LJ yes. LJ was really good before the injury. He had a great game in the game he got injured. I really don't think the contract had anything to do with it. Just the o line and the injury. We had QB issues and couldn't pass very well so defenses cracked down solely on LJ. Defenses are going to adjust to Charles next year like they did with LJ. LJ continued his success without Roaf the next year. We will see what Charles does with a most likely improved line and defenses to stop him.

Now Holmes was almost all O line. Not much speed or power or agility. Just followed blockers to perfection.

If Charles continues success this is what i think
    Charles>LJ>Okoye>Holmes
    Now, now Mrs. Johnson. You and I both know LJ mustn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Okoye or Holmes.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaChiefs View Post
    Since Jamaal charles Has been the starting back, there has only been on man better than him and that's Chris Johnson.

Speaking of Johnson, Jamaal is better than Larry even when larry is at his best.(Charles broke Chiefs alsingle game rushing record)

Needless to say im ready for next season.
    Nicely said!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast