Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Are the Bonkos that bad?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,065
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 57

    Default Are the Bonkos that bad?


    0 Not allowed!
    Are the Bonkos really that bad or are we showing some improvement. I vote the latter. I really think the bonks are a locker room divided. On one side you got the shanarat holdovers, on the other side you got the rest. When josh-boy sat his star player on a game they had to win to sneak into the playoffs, the writing was on the wall and imo the rest of the shanarats said screw it. Not to take anything away from the Chiefs, as we took complete advantage and destroyed them! Sweet!
    So going into next year will we have an advantage over the Bonkos? Absolutlely! I mean which situation is better: 8-8 and miss the playoffs yet again with a final game dismantling at the hands of a 3-12 rebuilding team? OR : 4-12 with a final game destruction of a division rival with solid rumours of Crennell and possibly Weiss joining us along with a helluva draft? I'll take the latter!
    I admit I thought that Haley had lost this team. But I was wrong. Wwwwwrong. They played hard their final game. At 3-12 our Chiefs played as if they were headed to the playoffs themselves. Well, maybe they are. Just getting a head start going into next year....
    Have a great off-season Bonkos! LOL!!!
    SHUT IT

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We definetly played a awesome game on offense, defense not so much, Carr was getting beat like he stole something.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think it was alittle of both. Denver couldn't do anything after the first pick. We played the game and finished. We improved by scoring on the first drive, and I think the OL is getting better. No sacks for Cassel.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    158
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well DJ got 2 lucky pick 6s, otherwise we probably lose that game.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 448

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Are the Bonkos really that bad or are we showing some improvement...
    Yes.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,052
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I would have to say both. But I said all year I did not think that Denver was that good. THere 6-0 start had alot to do with who they played. But over the last few games the Chiefs were very competive so we had improved. hopefuly denver is just as bad next year and we are better.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I wasn't able to watch the first half much. I tend to think it's a little of both...yes, we're improving, and yes, the Donk's are that bad.

    I know I'm bias, but...it's been my opinion for several seasons that the Donk's have never been as good as many of their season records indicate. They seem to have much luck on their side, as well as ref calls. They have a home advantage other teams don't, with high altitude, of which helps more than most realize. They've had soft schedules by comparison, and so on. Oh yeah, and they've been known to cheat! HA! :)

    The Chiefs team I saw play in the last half reminded me much of the 90's Chiefs team. I had goosebumps at times! It was awesome! Had Cassel not had the one interception, we very likely would've had a score of 51 to 17, considering the Donk's scored a TD on that interception, and we were playing well, heading for the endzone.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I wasn't able to watch the first half much. I tend to think it's a little of both...yes, we're improving, and yes, the Donk's are that bad.

    I know I'm bias, but...it's been my opinion for several seasons that the Donk's have never been as good as many of their season records indicate. They seem to have much luck on their side, as well as ref calls. They have a home advantage other teams don't, with high altitude, of which helps more than most realize. They've had soft schedules by comparison, and so on. Oh yeah, and they've been known to cheat! HA! :)

    The Chiefs team I saw play in the last half reminded me much of the 90's Chiefs team. I had goosebumps at times! It was awesome! Had Cassel not had the one interception, we very likely would've had a score of 51 to 17, considering the Donk's scored a TD on that interception, and we were playing well, heading for the endzone.
    Hell Yeah!!



    REPPPPP....
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,030
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    Well DJ got 2 lucky pick 6s, otherwise we probably lose that game.
    Ty Law got lucky by returning an INT backt to the 2...

    Charles had 259 rushing yards. That is not LUCK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •