Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is our defensive line worse then our Offensive Line?

Default Is our defensive line worse then our Offensive Line?

At the beginning of the season and last season our O line was all the talk, but you cannot deny our O-line is much better now. Especially now that we have a good running game and Cassel has been getting rid of the ball better our line has looked much better. Right now our defense is bad, we are ranked 31 on our rush defense that's the second worst. We are also 31 in sacks only 22 and 8.5 are from Hali, we need some help. Right now we could use some help on the O-line but our D-line is much worse. We need a pass rusher, we need some guys who can stuff the run, and some help in the secondary. I think our first pick should be some who can pass rush, we need that more then a beast OL. I know many of you will be telling me Im an idiot, but that's what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Just an outsider looking in, but if Berry & Okung are gone, and if KC can trade down, Cody could be a nice pickup. Lots of ifs there, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it.

I've seen a lot of mocks predict RM to you all, which would be a fine pick, but I personally don't know if I'd give a 3-4 ILB high 1st round money. AJ Hawk in 2006 is the highest ILB taken in recent memory @ 5th, whereas most other successful ones are 11th or later.

Hmmm...if KC could find someone on the board SF reallllly wants and threaten to take them, maybe get their 2 1st for KC's pick?
    If Cody shows up at the combine a few pounds lighter and real good shape his stock might go up. Right now he should drop to the 2nd round but IMO the Chargers will take him in the 1st round.

But hey, good news for the O-line, the offensive line coach Joe D'Allessandris was let go as well.

So with both Krumrie and D'Allessandris gone, and now at least Weiss coming in, maybe we'll see improvement on both the offensive and defensive lines in the trenches.

jb

we really need a good offensive lineman,..logan mankins would be great to go after.we need someone to protect cassel and to open up some holes for a consistant running game,and it all makes sense since now that we have weiss its probably a no brainer for pioli to go back to new england to get another of his players he drafted anyway

I actually see much talent on our DL...somewhat hidden based upon stats. The stats may not back that talent up yet, but I believe in time they will.

In fact...I see some similarities in our defense with that of the 90's. No, I'm not comparing, it's not close, but there are similarities there, and with time...possibly we will be able to compare our defense to that of the 90's.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123