Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is our defensive line worse then our Offensive Line?

Default Is our defensive line worse then our Offensive Line?

At the beginning of the season and last season our O line was all the talk, but you cannot deny our O-line is much better now. Especially now that we have a good running game and Cassel has been getting rid of the ball better our line has looked much better. Right now our defense is bad, we are ranked 31 on our rush defense that's the second worst. We are also 31 in sacks only 22 and 8.5 are from Hali, we need some help. Right now we could use some help on the O-line but our D-line is much worse. We need a pass rusher, we need some guys who can stuff the run, and some help in the secondary. I think our first pick should be some who can pass rush, we need that more then a beast OL. I know many of you will be telling me Im an idiot, but that's what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    At the beginning of the season and last season our O line was all the talk, but you cannot deny our O-line is much better now. Especially now that we have a good running game and Cassel has been getting rid of the ball better our line has looked much better. Right now our defense is bad, we are ranked 31 on our rush defense that's the second worst. We are also 31 in sacks only 22 and 8.5 are from Hali, we need some help. Right now we could use some help on the O-line but our D-line is much worse. We need a pass rusher, we need some guys who can stuff the run, and some help in the secondary. I think our first pick should be some who can pass rush, we need that more then a beast OL. I know many of you will be telling me Im an idiot, but that's what we need.
    Well, supposedly we have those beasts on this team, and I am not ready to give up on them. Dorsey played so much better this year and the games he was out were some of the worse for us against the run.

I think we are probably hurting more with linebackers. 2 of the four starting linebackers were "players off the street".

We do probably need a starting nose tackle though, I will admit that, but I think that is something that free agency can provide, I just don't think we need to spend yet another high draft pick on a player for the defensive line that might be a bust, its time to get a known commodity in there.

And yes, we still need to address offensive line, especially before Waters decides to quit.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Give them time...and fire Tim Krumrie.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

They both need a lot of help. hopefuly we see alot of diffrent players on both lines next season.

The DL certainly finished the season much worse than the OL, which as you said improved dramatically as the season went on. Fortunately, we have a couple really young top 5 picks on it that will only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Give them time...and fire Tim Krumrie.

+1

Yashi makes a good point too, 2 or of our 3 D Lineman are a rookie and a sophomore project (Dorsey), and our NT is a band-aid... throw in a new def. coordinator, etc. Not a good recipe for success. Next year they will be middle of the pack or better against the run, which is a HUGE improvement...

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    +1

Yashi makes a good point too, 2 or of our 3 D Lineman are a rookie and a sophomore project (Dorsey), and our NT is a band-aid... throw in a new def. coordinator, etc. Not a good recipe for success. Next year they will be middle of the pack or better against the run, which is a HUGE improvement...
    I agree a better DC can teach the guys to tackle better, but right now we don't have a speedster other then Hali who can get to the QB. I miss Jared Allen that guy is so good.

It's a little harder to evaluate D-linemen in a 3-4. Their jobs are not so much to sack the QB, or even make tackles. Its's more occupie the o-line, so the LB's can make a tackle, or get the sack.

Dorsey was good, will get better. Jackson, not so good, but as long as he improves like like Dorsey did in his 2nd year, he will be fine. But we need a beast of a NT.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Pass rusher would be a LB, not a d-lineman. But I agree that the NT is a top position of need.

While Albert had his problems at LOT, they sure seemed fewer late in the year. And I doubt that The Chiefs will be looking to move him from that spot. But I would still be thrilled to get a ROT or C, or both, in the first few rounds of the draft.

As for a NT, well, I just hope that they can find someone to help. Rather that be somewhere in the draft, probably not at #5 overall, or through free agency, I don't know.

But, along with Safety, NT is one of our biggest positions of need, in my opinion.

And when you get a monster of a pass rusher, it sucks up blockers, and allows your other guys to make plays.

I do think our D-line is in need of a beastly NT, though I'm not sure whether that's through free agency or the draft. Tyson and Glenn will hopefully be better book ends this year.

With the linebackers- Hali is really good, and I'm glad he made the transition well. I also liked Demorrio Williams a lot. DJ we should keep, and Vrabel is a nice team leader, but if we replaced him with a sack machine, I'd be ok with that.

jb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast