Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is our defensive line worse then our Offensive Line?

Default Is our defensive line worse then our Offensive Line?

At the beginning of the season and last season our O line was all the talk, but you cannot deny our O-line is much better now. Especially now that we have a good running game and Cassel has been getting rid of the ball better our line has looked much better. Right now our defense is bad, we are ranked 31 on our rush defense that's the second worst. We are also 31 in sacks only 22 and 8.5 are from Hali, we need some help. Right now we could use some help on the O-line but our D-line is much worse. We need a pass rusher, we need some guys who can stuff the run, and some help in the secondary. I think our first pick should be some who can pass rush, we need that more then a beast OL. I know many of you will be telling me Im an idiot, but that's what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Pass rusher would be a LB, not a d-lineman. But I agree that the NT is a top position of need.

While Albert had his problems at LOT, they sure seemed fewer late in the year. And I doubt that The Chiefs will be looking to move him from that spot. But I would still be thrilled to get a ROT or C, or both, in the first few rounds of the draft.

As for a NT, well, I just hope that they can find someone to help. Rather that be somewhere in the draft, probably not at #5 overall, or through free agency, I don't know.

But, along with Safety, NT is one of our biggest positions of need, in my opinion.
    True and we need a beast pass rusher at LB.

I think we have invested enough 1st round picks in that Dline now tbh. A NT in a later round or through FA would be nice.
    Dorsey and Jackson should and will improve this year.

Vrabel is a good leader and a pro. But he is getting old, and I really noticed how slow he looked last sunday. I think we need a new starter at OLB.

We probably also need a new ILB, or for DJ to play good consistently, I have my doubts that we will keep him though. (His contract is due soon)
    Williams is playing well, and I think Mays has performed better than most anticipated, and while he is good against the run, he is less than adequate in coverage..

And we need atleast 1 safety too. Brown stunk the 1st half of the season, but lately he has been playing really well. But there is always the risk of him getting hurt, he has been prone to that!

And who knows where Page is at?

We need plenty on D still :)

We need a stud nose tackle to anchor this 3-4. Just not sure where we're gonna find him.
    SHUT IT

I think it may well be a matter of using our current defensive personnel appropriately, but I'm just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I agree a better DC can teach the guys to tackle better, but right now we don't have a speedster other then Hali who can get to the QB. I miss Jared Allen that guy is so good.
    Well if we could get a dam ref to throw a hanky ever now and then when they should, we might get more sacks, cause there is alot of holding on Tamba every game. No ref ever calls it. If you get a ref to call a few every game, the left tackle isn't going to hold in fear of drawing a flag.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Well if we could get a dam ref to throw a hanky ever now and then when they should, we might get more sacks, cause there is alot of holding on Tamba every game. No ref ever calls it. If you get a ref to call a few every game, the left tackle isn't going to hold in fear of drawing a flag.
    Seemed to me we had the same problem with opposing teams "coverage" on Tony G the last couple of seasons or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Seemed to me we had the same problem with opposing teams "coverage" on Tony G the last couple of seasons or so.
    Some kind of Conspiracy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Some kind of Conspiracy!!!

Nah, just stupid refs.

I think the OL and DL has the same problem as me, soft in the middle.

Just an outsider looking in, but if Berry & Okung are gone, and if KC can trade down, Cody could be a nice pickup. Lots of ifs there, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it.

I've seen a lot of mocks predict RM to you all, which would be a fine pick, but I personally don't know if I'd give a 3-4 ILB high 1st round money. AJ Hawk in 2006 is the highest ILB taken in recent memory @ 5th, whereas most other successful ones are 11th or later.

Hmmm...if KC could find someone on the board SF reallllly wants and threaten to take them, maybe get their 2 1st for KC's pick?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast