Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No romeo to kc but we fired tim krumrie

Default No romeo to kc but we fired tim krumrie

JasonLaCanfora

Chiefs have fired longtime DL coach Tim Krumrie but rest of defensive staff, including DC Clany Pendergast, appear safe. More on NFLN & .com

I would want Krumrie on my side in a bar fight, but man he hasn't done anything for us for years now.

Posted: January 5th, 2010 | Jason La Canfora | Tags: Clancy Pendergast, Kansas City Chiefs, Tim Krumrie

The Chiefs have fired longtime defensive line coach Tim Krumrie, according to league sources. Krumrie, who is well respected in the coaching community, is likely to command interest elsewhere.

Krumrie appears to be the only change on the defensive at this point according to league sources, with coordinator Clancy Pendergast not told he was being to be retained. With the team already letting go position coaches, it would be very unusual for a move involving a coordinator to come later, and Pendergast has informed some around the league that he is safe.

Posted in: Jason La Canfora

I dont realy like the move to keep Clancy Pendergast but I cant say that its a horrible move. He like haley came into a bad spot. So I cant put all the blame on him. That being said like Haley next year he better show a BIG improvment on the deffensive side of the ball. IF this is indeed true.

I don't like the move to keep him because he had all the talent in the world in Arizona and consistently coached them up to be at the bottom of the league in defense. Hopefully this is all because they're waiting to get a deal in place with Crennel before they fire him.

Clancy has to go.
    He was bad in Arizona, he's been bad here.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I don't like the move to keep him because he had all the talent in the world in Arizona and consistently coached them up to be at the bottom of the league in defense. Hopefully this is all because they're waiting to get a deal in place with Crennel before they fire him.
    I'm not big on Pendergast either. But doesn't he deserve as much of a chance as Haley does?

(Not really.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'm not big on Pendergast either. But doesn't he deserve as much of a chance as Haley does?

(Not really.)
    No he doesn't. Haley is an unkown as far as being a head coach, and he was successful as a coordinator before. He deserves more time.
    Pendergast sucked before he came here, and has continued to suck. He needs to go.
    Chiefs in 2011

Not to mention good DCs turn around defenses immediately. Look at Mike Zimmer with the Bengals, or how much the Giants fell off the map without Spagnuolo.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Not to mention good DCs turn around defenses immediately. Look at Mike Zimmer with the Bengals, or how much the Giants fell off the map without Spagnuolo.
    Well, you could find similar HCing situations to make the same case, I think.

Let me reiterate that I want Pendergast gone, myself. Just playing devil's advocate a bit here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast