Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brian Waters Speaks Out

Default Brian Waters Speaks Out

Waters thinks Chiefs don’t need offensive-line upgrade - KansasCity.com

In summary, he says that the Offensive line is not as bad as everyone thinks. Especially if you consider the 2nd half of the season.

He also implies that he was not nearly as unhappy as people make him out to be.

Thoughts?

The reason the OL showed an improvement is because our running game improved. Charles was definately an upgrade over Johnson who I still believe was being the way he was so he could be traded.

Anyway, when the running game gets better, the defenses have to respect that and cannot blitz on every play which takes a lot of the load off the offensive line in the pass rush.

However, when the blitz does come, as we saw even against Denver, then the pressure is fast and furious and the line is still not able to pick that up and block. These guys might get better, but I still think we are one or two blocks away from being even a decent OL.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I wonder if the OL sucked cause Johnson was being a dick and they didn't respect him, they respected JC more and it created more holes. Think about it....
    I think it was more about LJ not being that good than the OL not blocking for him. Up until he was named the full time starter, JC was still running a 5 yards a carry, even last season.

Its more about JC being better than LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The reason the OL showed an improvement is because our running game improved. Charles was definately an upgrade over Johnson who I still believe was being the way he was so he could be traded.

Anyway, when the running game gets better, the defenses have to respect that and cannot blitz on every play which takes a lot of the load off the offensive line in the pass rush.

However, when the blitz does come, as we saw even against Denver, then the pressure is fast and furious and the line is still not able to pick that up and block. These guys might get better, but I still think we are one or two blocks away from being even a decent OL.

I agree 100%. JC running wild forced defenses to respect him.

I do think we need Okung desperately. Albert can move over to RT, or RG, but depth at OL is never a bad thing.

That being said my wish list for the 1st round is in this order

1. Okung
    2. Dez Bryant
    3. Eric Berry

Okung is looking like he might tumble in the draft due to recent performance in his bowl game. Bruce Campbell may be a surprise and be the first lineman off the board come late April if he does well in the combine.

Id still take Berry over anyone this draft. And Dez Bryant? That would be a huge reach, and an effective waste of a cornerstone pick in my opinion...

Oh, and one more thing, at his age who's going to give him a bigger contract? Hmmmm, get paid in a place where my family has made a home, where I'm respected, and where if I keep my big F'ing mouth shut and be a team player I might have a lot of influance over what happens. And might extend my playing future a few extra years because everybody knows my limits and will handle me properly. Tough Choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Given his demeanor I would not put it past him to under perform in order to get out of KC which is what, I believe, he has wanted for quite some time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123