Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 Season Thoughts

Default 09 Season Thoughts

After a difficult season, many questions were answered, while some still remain. Its hard to judge Tod Haley as a coach, there are things I really like about the guy and some things (decisions/play calling abilities) that could improve. I think his play calling and overall coaching ability has improved significantly by now. I love his passion and energy, he really seems commited to winning and I have faith he will do well next year, especially with possible new coaches and experience.

While the Chiefs could obviously use alot of help at many positions, I think there is a core of solid young talent to build around in the near future. Pioli should be the man to recognize these needs and address them accordingly.

I think we have a solid foundation of a football team here and if we can build around them, we could actually be a dangerous team;

Jamaal Charles- This guy is one of the best running backs in the league. Similar to Chris Johnson, has potential to break a huge run at any time. Exceptional speed, balance and vision that makes him a game changer.

Brandon Flowers- Always making plays, hardly gets burned, great effort guy. Should be a lock down corner for many years.

Tamba Hali- Huge effort, has developed nice pass rush moves, this was his first year as OLB and should only improve.

Glen Dorsey- Doesnt make alot of highlights but plays his role nicely. Good run stopper, great strength to push back linemen.

Derrick Johnson- So much athletic ability, its strange he didnt start because he is always making plays. Should contribute even more next year.

Ryan Succop- Great suprise rookie. Led rookies in scoring this season, seems consitent, strong leg, good kickers are important.

Chris Chambers- The veteran of the group hasnt regressed much at all. Usually clutch in important situations, can stretch the field, our most reliable reciever at this point. Great pickup by Pioli, compliments Bowe nicely.

Honorable Mentions;

Dustin Colquit, Branden Albert, Brian Waters, Demorrio Williams, Mike Brown

Dissapointing Seasons;

Dwayne Bowe, Matt Cassel, Brandon Carr, Tyson Jackson, Rudy Niswanger

Draft Needs;
    OT
    OG
    CB
    NT
    OLB
    FS
    WR

I would say question marks are Page, Cassel, and Bowe next year. All three are talented, fairly young players that I have not given up on yet. Page was injured so its hard to judge him yet. I think Bowe will further mature and become a solid WR if not the star he was projected to be. Cassel showed flashes, especially when he had time thats why I think he will be good once we put together a strong O line.

There is no doubt this season was bad but there are many reasons to be positive about next year and beyond.

Go Chiefs!

I fear that DJ wont be back next year. But who knows.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by complexrealmz View Post
    After a difficult season, many questions were answered, while some still remain. Its hard to judge Tod Haley as a coach, there are things I really like about the guy and some things (decisions/play calling abilities) that could improve. I think his play calling and overall coaching ability has improved significantly by now. I love his passion and energy, he really seems commited to winning and I have faith he will do well next year, especially with possible new coaches and experience.

While the Chiefs could obviously use alot of help at many positions, I think there is a core of solid young talent to build around in the near future. Pioli should be the man to recognize these needs and address them accordingly.

I think we have a solid foundation of a football team here and if we can build around them, we could actually be a dangerous team;

Jamaal Charles- This guy is one of the best running backs in the league. Similar to Chris Johnson, has potential to break a huge run at any time. Exceptional speed, balance and vision that makes him a game changer.

Brandon Flowers- Always making plays, hardly gets burned, great effort guy. Should be a lock down corner for many years.

Tamba Hali- Huge effort, has developed nice pass rush moves, this was his first year as OLB and should only improve.

Glen Dorsey- Doesnt make alot of highlights but plays his role nicely. Good run stopper, great strength to push back linemen.

Derrick Johnson- So much athletic ability, its strange he didnt start because he is always making plays. Should contribute even more next year.

Ryan Succop- Great suprise rookie. Led rookies in scoring this season, seems consitent, strong leg, good kickers are important.

Chris Chambers- The veteran of the group hasnt regressed much at all. Usually clutch in important situations, can stretch the field, our most reliable reciever at this point. Great pickup by Pioli, compliments Bowe nicely.

Honorable Mentions;

Dustin Colquit, Branden Albert, Brian Waters, Demorrio Williams, Mike Brown

Dissapointing Seasons;

Dwayne Bowe, Matt Cassel, Brandon Carr, Tyson Jackson, Rudy Niswanger

Draft Needs;
    OT
    OG
    CB
    NT
    OLB
    FS
    WR

I would say question marks are Page, Cassel, and Bowe next year. All three are talented, fairly young players that I have not given up on yet. Page was injured so its hard to judge him yet. I think Bowe will further mature and become a solid WR if not the star he was projected to be. Cassel showed flashes, especially when he had time thats why I think he will be good once we put together a strong O line.

There is no doubt this season was bad but there are many reasons to be positive about next year and beyond.

Go Chiefs!
    I like your take on the 2009 season. A lot to build off of and grow with. We'll be playoff contenders next year I'm hoping with the talent we have to build around.

I agree with most of what you have to say.

I would switch B. Albert to having a disappointing season. He gave up a lot of sacks I was expecting him to be competing for a pro bowl spot this year. I also think that T. Jackson didnt have a disappointing season DL rarely impress in their first year. Next year I am hoping he will be pretty good.

DJ played masterfully

...today.

I am still in doubt about Coaching. Hailey has much to improve on, Coaching, having the coaches for all jobs a NFL team has, and attitude. I am sorry if this pisses you all of, but I am not yet convinced that we have a Head Coach, or a Head Case.

I hope I am wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am still in doubt about Coaching. Hailey has much to improve on, Coaching, having the coaches for all jobs a NFL team has, and attitude. I am sorry if this pisses you all of, but I am not yet convinced that we have a Head Coach, or a Head Case.

I hope I am wrong!!!
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

I hope I am wrong!!!
    Agreed

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I thought Haley got much better as the season progressed. I didn't see him embarassing players on the sidelines during the second half of the season.

I think he is maturing. Next year, with an OC in place, it will be interesting to see if he can do a better job of making half time adjustments. I felt like that was really one of his weak spots this year.

i pretty much agree with the first poster. thought b albert wuld be a pro bowler and bowe was such a disapointment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast