Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Waters Speaks Out

Default Brian Waters Speaks Out

Waters thinks Chiefs don’t need offensive-line upgrade - KansasCity.com

In summary, he says that the Offensive line is not as bad as everyone thinks. Especially if you consider the 2nd half of the season.

He also implies that he was not nearly as unhappy as people make him out to be.

Thoughts?

I think one of the most telling things is this:

Chiefs quarterbacks were sacked 37 times in the first 10 games, but Cassel went down only eight times in the final six. In Denver, he wasn’t sacked for the first time all season.
    I still do believe that we could use some depth there, despite the improved play. I mean, JC's yards and those sack stats can't be anything but proof of improvement. I also add that one thing about an offensive line I've noticed over the years is that the longer they play together, the better they seem to be, IF you have talented players there. I think with O'Callaghan, Waters, and Albert you definitely have talent. Jury's still out for me on Wade Smith and Rudy Niswanger.

But taking a look at how the offense, and how the line, improved into the second half of the season, I'd be much happier seeing the team bolster their swiss cheese pass coverage(Berry), and to get a sack-meister.

jb
    Last edited by josh1971; 01-05-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I think one of the most telling things is this:

I still do believe that we could use some depth there, despite the improved play. I mean, JC's yards and those sack stats can't be anything but proof of improvement.

But taking a look at how the offense, and how the line, improved into the second half of the season, I'd be much happier seeing the team bolster their swiss cheese pass coverage(Berry), and to get a sack-meister.

jb
    True, but also consider this quote from BW:

Talentwise, I don’t think I’ve ever played with anybody as talented as (Charles) is, with the explosive ability he has. He has the ability to make a 5-yard run a 50-yard run just like that.

“He has the ability to make us look better.
    I think we could use an upgrade or two. Specifically on the right side.

The good thing is it sounds like he will be back next year. Maybe playing for Haley isn't so bad after all.
    Chiefs in 2011

OC is a must upgrade. I wish Ndukwe had played more at RG. I would like to know how good he is at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    True, but also consider this quote from BW:

I think we could use an upgrade or two. Specifically on the right side.
    I considered it, but watching the games, you can see that there were holes opening up for Charles- the difference was, it took LJ a day and a half to get to and through the hole, whereas JC quickly zips through there, so they don't get the chance to get clogged up with defenders.

I'm not going to argue that we need some depth and upgrade (specifically at right guard).

jb

We definatley need a Center.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The o line was getting better at the end of the season Charles had a lot to do with it but he was not it. So i would agree that the o line is not as bad as alot of people think.

I am not surprised that he is not as unhappy as people think. The media likes to take something little and make into something huge.

I wonder if the OL sucked cause Johnson was being a dick and they didn't respect him, they respected JC more and it created more holes. Think about it....
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I wonder if the OL sucked cause Johnson was being a dick and they didn't respect him, they respected JC more and it created more holes. Think about it....
    It would make sense why the running game got so much better when LJ left but why was Cassle takeing such a beating then? But its possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast