Thread: Interesting QB piece in the Times....

Default Interesting QB piece in the Times....

The NYTimes ran a piece on the past decade and which QBs were the best.
    Green fares VERY well...

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010 ... rterbacks/

Here's the link with all of the lists....

http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2010/01/ ... ecade.html

I'm not surprised one bit! I always recognized that Green was under-rated as a NFL QB among the media, of which influences overall public opinion among NFL fans.

During Trents peak with the Chiefs, Manning was the media's Golden Boy...still is. However, interestingly Manning fell below Trent in stats during that time. Trent's stats were in the top 3 for 3 yrs with the Chiefs, only Brady & McNabb were above him.

Unfortunately many were unaware of this fact, because Trents success/stats were overlooked and all attention was focused on Manning more than any other QB, including the top 3.

Anyway...Congrats to Trent...he earned and deserved the recognition...finally! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm not surprised one bit! I always recognized that Green was under-rated as a NFL QB among the media, of which influences overall public opinion among NFL fans.

During Trents peak with the Chiefs, Manning was the media's Golden Boy...still is. However, interestingly Manning fell below Trent in stats during that time. Trent's stats were in the top 3 for 3 yrs with the Chiefs, only Brady & McNabb were above him.

Unfortunately many were unaware of this fact, because Trents success/stats were overlooked and all attention was focused on Manning more than any other QB, including the top 3.

Anyway...Congrats to Trent...he earned and deserved the recognition...finally! :)
    Thats is why I will always say that peyton is a little overrated. If you listen to the media you would think that not only is peyton passing the ball hes doing the blocking and catching the ball all by himself. Peyton has always had a GREAT reciver to throw to thats has helped make him look better then he is. I am not saying that he is not a GREAT hall of fame QB he is a hall of famer and has earned that but I do think that he is overrated when it comes to the media.

Trent was always under the radar. He had many great seasons in KC. I was so mad when they traded him to the dolphins. he deserves more praise then he gets. Thank you Trent Green.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Thats is why I will always say that peyton is a little overrated. If you listen to the media you would think that not only is peyton passing the ball hes doing the blocking and catching the ball all by himself. Peyton has always had a GREAT reciver to throw to thats has helped make him look better then he is. I am not saying that he is not a GREAT hall of fame QB he is a hall of famer and has earned that but I do think that he is overrated when it comes to the media.

Trent was always under the radar. He had many great seasons in KC. I was so mad when they traded him to the dolphins. he deserves more praise then he gets. Thank you Trent Green.
    I wasn't mad when they traded him, but sad to see him go. I'm sad to see any Chief go who's contributed success to KC, and is a nice guy with integrity, haha.

I wasn't mad because I believed his head injury was more lasting than we knew, and it also affected his play calling (memory). Personally I felt for his own sake, & that of his family's he needed to retire. He didn't do well in Miami, as predicted...his head injury made him vulnerable if hit hard again, his head was re-injured...he was done after that, wisely so.

I agree...I don't believe Manning's as great as many make him sound either. He still doesn't do that well under pressure...which is one reason I think the Colts didn't play it through on the undefeated season opportunity...the pressure was getting to Manning. Some of that pressure he puts upon himself, from within his own ego.

He's definitely a HOF QB, but I'm not convinced yet, that he's worthy of placement on my top 10 greatest list anyway, haha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

This just confirms what I have been saying. You can have the #1 offence but without a chaamplonship defence. You wont go far in the post season. It all starts on the defensive front line. The chiefs. Should trade up and draft Suh

Imagine if the chiefs had trent green next year if he didnt get traded and retire.