Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowed in.

Default Snowed in.

I can't go to work on the account that there is a 3.5 ft snow drift at the end of my drive way. I tried to dig it out, but the 35 MPH wind keeps blowing it back a little at a time. Even if it wasn't blowing it back on, I still couldn't be out there.

The wind is blowing so hard I can't manage to stand out there for more than 5 mins. My hat and scarves won't stay on. It feels like its about -20 degrees with the wind.

And on top of that, I still have to go get my books for school. I was up there yesterday and they said the might not even be open today if it got bad. So hopefully they will be open on Saturday. I'll probably have to stand in line forever now.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Easy for you to say, your city prepares a budget to plow off roads. If I were to drive out on to my roads, I would get high centered.

KC only budgeted 2 Million for the year and have already spent it all. They just aren't clearing roads...and the roads are accumulating 3.5-4ft of snow.

Then the other problem is almost 50% of the other drivers are dumbasses.
    Once I get back to KC (hopefully tomorrow noon) they will have some of the county highways plowed. If not, I'm screwed. I'll have to find a hotel in my own town. Maybe I'll try to find a set of snow chains and make the trek towards Richmond anyway.
    SHUT IT

Easy for you to say, your city prepares a budget to plow off roads. If I were to drive out on to my roads, I would get high centered.

KC only budgeted 2 Million for the year and have already spent it all. They just aren't clearing roads...and the roads are accumulating 3.5-4ft of snow.

We've had country roads blocked here with drifts as tall as 8' according to what some are saying. The county does good with clearing the road to my house, it's my long drive...approx. 350' to the front walk, almost 500' to the garage drive in back...that is the problem with trapping me. My son lives 4 miles away, but a different county, they aren't so good with clearing his roads, and he's trapped again too because of road drifts.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

we only have about 10 inches of snow i can take that now if only we could get rid of the -30 windchills that would make it liveable.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    We've had country roads blocked here with drifts as tall as 8' according to what some are saying. The county does good with clearing the road to my house, it's my long drive...approx. 350' to the front walk, almost 500' to the garage drive in back...that is the problem with trapping me. My son lives 4 miles away, but a different county, they aren't so good with clearing his roads, and he's trapped again too because of road drifts.
    Sounds like my situation. Do you live in Ray Co,?!
    SHUT IT

This!
    I see people driving around like its June or something.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    This!
    I see people driving around like its June or something.
    I had a guy the other night that wanted to do 15 MPH up a hill and Speedy Gonzalez on my tail.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I had a guy the other night that wanted to do 15 MPH up a hill and Speedy Gonzalez on my tail.
    People that tailgate in these conditions are flat out stupid. I just want to get home to my family but can't get there. I'm starting to get pissy.
    SHUT IT

I was snowed in and missed work today too. I live at the bottom of a hill on a cul de sac and we haven't seen snow plows since sometime yesterday afternoon. We drive a mustang that doesn't get around good in this much snow. Hopefully we can get out in the morning.

I can't go to work on the account that there is a 3.5 ft snow drift at the end of my drive way. I tried to dig it out, but the 35 MPH wind keeps blowing it back a little at a time. Even if it wasn't blowing it back on, I still couldn't be out there.

The wind is blowing so hard I can't manage to stand out there for more than 5 mins. My hat and scarves won't stay on. It feels like its about -20 degrees with the wind.

And on top of that, I still have to go get my books for school. I was up there yesterday and they said the might not even be open today if it got bad. So hopefully they will be open on Saturday. I'll probably have to stand in line forever now.
    Why didn't you get your books while you were out there?

Can one of you very nice people drive to Marysville KS and pick me up and bring me back home? I'm at the Oak Tree Inn. Thanks in advance!
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast