Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowed in.

Default Snowed in.

I can't go to work on the account that there is a 3.5 ft snow drift at the end of my drive way. I tried to dig it out, but the 35 MPH wind keeps blowing it back a little at a time. Even if it wasn't blowing it back on, I still couldn't be out there.

The wind is blowing so hard I can't manage to stand out there for more than 5 mins. My hat and scarves won't stay on. It feels like its about -20 degrees with the wind.

And on top of that, I still have to go get my books for school. I was up there yesterday and they said the might not even be open today if it got bad. So hopefully they will be open on Saturday. I'll probably have to stand in line forever now.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

This is the coldest snap I have ever experienced.
    Wind chills of -20 for the next 3 days, ouch.
    Looks like some of us may be spending a lot of time on ChiefsCrowd the rest of this week.
    Chiefs in 2011

My drive to work is 27 miles, I made it threw snow drifts, barely, for 21 miles, and got stuck. Luck was on my side, some one who just barely made it thru the drifts, had a tow rope and got me out, but then told me it was not even possible to go farther, so I turned around, and barely got back home. I lose a day in pay, for 6 miles! 6!!!! FREAKING MILES!!!! UHG!!!! PIO IS ME!!!
    Now my Yukon is locked in 4 wheel low, I hope it will shift out when I get it thawed out, the engine compartment is full of snow.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 01-07-2010 at 01:30 PM.

I'm trapped at home again too because of the snow & winds yesterday through last night. This is the 3rd time in about a month. This sucks!

I'm out of dog food, and...I couldn't afford to fill my propane tank in the Fall like I'd done in yrs past. Well, the propane truck hasn't been able to get to my house the last month because of snow! I very likely could be without forced heat in the next few days.

Shoot...I've never had this happen living out here...not snowed in once, let alone 3 times in a month! Never occurred to me, but...wouldn't have mattered since I couldn't afford the propane in the Fall anyway.

Also, the extreme cold temps are affecting my internet satellite provider...signal comes and goes.

Oh well...such is life, I'll survive...always do. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Well........from living up north in the past, I totally MISS that kind of weather! We got a little bit of drizzle last night, just enough to make the Texas drivers find their way to the ditch and into other cars.......and enough for the schools to close.....other than that......it's just BORING down here. :)
    **ChiefsChick**

Yeah, some of my friends at Facebook from Texas are complaining about the highs today only being in the 30's, haha. I told them I'd take highs in the 30's!!

Good news!...my daughter called & asked if I was snowed in, told her yep, & also that the propane truck couldn't make it through my long drive drifts. She & my x-hubby drove out, made it through the drive to the front, & then helped shovel some drifts out enough so the propane truck could get through to the back where the tank is. I shall have forced heat without interruption!

I was worried more about pipes freezing, since I could stay warm with electric heaters. They brought dog food too. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Welcome to my world kids!! -20 and three feet of snow ain't nothin around here. get a snowblower and some snow tires and have fun!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    This is the coldest snap I have ever experienced.
    Wind chills of -20 for the next 3 days, ouch.
    Looks like some of us may be spending a lot of time on ChiefsCrowd the rest of this week.
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Welcome to my world kids!! -20 and three feet of snow ain't nothin around here. get a snowblower and some snow tires and have fun!!
    I've wondered a time or two if you, Dan, & Dell are responsible for our abnormal snow and cold!

It all began the weekend of Dec. 6th, the cold and heavy snows! So I was thinking maybe you all brought your Canadian weather down here with ya and didn't take it back with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Easy for you to say, your city prepares a budget to plow off roads. If I were to drive out on to my roads, I would get high centered.

KC only budgeted 2 Million for the year and have already spent it all. They just aren't clearing roads...and the roads are accumulating 3.5-4ft of snow.

Then the other problem is almost 50% of the other drivers are dumbasses.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast