Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We quietly became a damn near top 10 rushing offense

Default We quietly became a damn near top 10 rushing offense

1929 yards on the season which put us in 11th
    120 yards per game. Last year we were ranked 16th, and this is only with Jamaal starting 9 games we moved up 5 places that's pretty awesome. I wonder if we can break the top 5 next year.

If JC runs like he did this year, all year, we will be top 3

It would be nice if we had receivers who can catch to complement that. Hopefully it all starts coming together next season. (I think I said that last year, and two...)
    RIP My son. I will miss you eternally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chieffaninfl View Post
    It would be nice if we had receivers who can catch to complement that. Hopefully it all starts coming together next season. (I think I said that last year, and two...)
    I think the running game will definitely, help out the passing game, guys will be much more open, and Cassel will have more time to throw the ball.

I heard Lendel White is going to be a free agent soon. I would like to see him come here. I would hate to see JC ran into the ground..he needs to split the carries.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I heard Lendel White is going to be a free agent soon. I would like to see him come here. I would hate to see JC ran into the ground..he needs to split the carries.
    Agree, and historically the Chiefs have been known to run their starting RB into the ground! Hopefully that won't happen with Pioli and Haley in control.

That's one thing I always felt hurt the Chiefs under Peterson & his chosen coaches, which CP had a hand in the game plans of...we rarely changed game plans, opponents always knew what to expect from us.

We need to shake it up, pull some tricks out of the bag now & then, not be so obvious all the time. We did do that a bit under Vermeil with the offense, but not enough.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    You are absolutely right on this. He would be the perfect complement to Charles (he was for CJ). Having him means Jamaal is limited to about 280-300 carries and Lendale gets like 150+ (and like 10 tds from 3 yards and in haha). Lendale has been waiting to get out of CJ's spotlight though and get a gig where he can be a feature back. For the right amount of money though, who knows?
    Regardless, I can't wait to see JC give CJ a run for his money next year. Ha, what a cooincedemce with their initials!

With the current system, JC shouldn't split the carries with anybody unless it was a short yardage situation.

This is a passing offense. The only reason it looked anything like a running offense is because Jamaal averaged almost 6 yards a carry when he did touch the ball.

I would split carries with Jamaal if he was handling it more than 25 times a game. He didn't carry it more than that once all season.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    With the current system, JC shouldn't split the carries with anybody unless it was a short yardage situation.

This is a passing offense. The only reason it looked anything like a running offense is because Jamaal averaged almost 6 yards a carry when he did touch the ball.

I would split carries with Jamaal if he was handling it more than 25 times a game. He didn't carry it more than that once all season.
    Ball carriers these days though just don't seem to last. I'd rather have him last 8+ years than burn him out.

thats a great stat considering the first back stunk it up every sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast