Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony G.

Default Tony G.

Has anyone heard if Tony intends on playing next year? He didn't seem to have a Tony type season. I wonder if its his age or simply the new system.

We should offer ATL one of our draft picks to get him back, you all know he would be worth it. I believe he has maybe three years with the last year playing more in the red zone,

We should start a Petition! lol

We should offer a 3rd round pick in the 2011 draft for him.

3rd for the 2011 draft sounds ok but nothing higher and nothing for this year

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Yeah, I heard about the 1-day-contract so he can retire as a chief at the beginning at the season aswell. I think though, even if he doesn't come back to the chiefs (even though he should) he will be enducted into the HOF under the Chiefs.

For instance Joe montana was on the chiefs for the last 2 years of his career and the 49ers fans felt the same way we do about Tony G. Joe Montana was enducted into the HOF under the 49ers so why should TG not be in under the CHIEFS!
    Oh he'll go into the HOF a Chief for sure...all his records were set as a Chief. I just want him to retire a Chief too.

He made it pretty clear he didn't want to be here, so I wouldn't give up anything for a player that doesn't want to be here.
    Chiefs in 2011

I am pretty sure he is going to play this season. I think last year he said he wanted to play 2 more years. But if he plays he will be in a falcons jersey. If he would want to play in KC i would love to have him but if he doesnt then It would do neither party any good to make him play for the Chiefs. I would love to see #88 again a chief.

We miss you Gonzy!!

This is one subject I remain sitting on the fence, rather than jump off to one side or the other.

I don't want TG here if it's not where he wanted to be. I hated to see him go, and more or less sell out his loyalty as a Chief in hopes for a SB ring.

Then again...I can understand his side too. He'd set so many records as a Chief, guaranteed HOF'er...pro-bowls, playoff's...but never a Super Bowl. It was the biggest career accomplishment he had yet to obtain, running out of prime years, and doing so as a Chief wasn't too promising for him. He was frustrated with the handling of the team overall...Peterson, management, getting worse each year, not better.

Most players say what they hope for most is a SB ring during their career, over and above anything else. I don't know to what intensity a player feels the desire for a SB ring, but I do know the intensity I feel as a fan wanting a Chiefs SB return. In that aspect...I can't blame him.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    This is one subject I remain sitting on the fence, rather than jump off to one side or the other.

I don't want TG here if it's not where he wanted to be. I hated to see him go, and more or less sell out his loyalty as a Chief in hopes for a SB ring.

Then again...I can understand his side too. He'd set so many records as a Chief, guaranteed HOF'er...pro-bowls, playoff's...but never a Super Bowl. It was the biggest career accomplishment he had yet to obtain, running out of prime years, and doing so as a Chief wasn't too promising for him. He was frustrated with the handling of the team overall...Peterson, management, getting worse each year, not better.

Most players say what they hope for most is a SB ring during their career, over and above anything else. I don't know to what intensity a player feels the desire for a SB ring, but I do know the intensity I feel as a fan wanting a Chiefs SB return. In that aspect...I can't blame him.

Bless you Connie Jo...you said here what I have been telling my crew at work since he left for Atlanta. Unlike many players claiming to want a SB ring, Tony only left the chiefs for that purpose. Good for him. On paper in the presaeson ATL was a legit contender, but then they.... uh....uh...Failed.

Now that the epic pain in the *** that was Carl is gone I am very confident that TG will retire and go into the HOF as a Chief.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast