Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cassel is about to get the right type of coaching.

Default Cassel is about to get the right type of coaching.

Charlie Weis has 4 Superbowl rings. Three with the Patriots and one with the Giants. This guy knows how to coach. I believe Cassel has been getting poor instruction from Haley. Haley had too much to do to worry about coaching receivers and Qb's. Weis is here, he knows what to do, hopefully they will hire out an OL, WR, and QB coach.

I will predict next season that Matt Cassel will have a 70% completion rate, 25 TD/10INT, about 3500 yards, and will get sacked about 18 times.

Its going to be a big improvement.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Wonder what his completion rate was this year if we had wr`s that could catch? This will help cassel as much as a qb coach.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Weis will defently be a help to this team as a whole on offense. Noter Dame did not have problems on the offensive side of the ball. There problem was weis could only build an offense and not a defense. With him being an OC thats all that he will have to worry about doing. I look for great things from this team now that he is the OC. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

70% is a huge stretch, considering drew brees just set the all time %/season record with 70.6

will he play better? i think so, you cant get much worse and still be a starter in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    70% is a huge stretch, considering drew brees just set the all time %/season record with 70.6

will he play better? i think so, you cant get much worse and still be a starter in the league.
    I thought 70% Completion was average.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

60% is good for a season

I will agree that Charlie Weis is going to be a great addition to the coaching staff. He is just one of those offensive geniuses. He helped develope Tom Brady, he has developed Jimmy Clausen. Have we forgoten why we went and got Matt Castle. He had a great (Red Shirt) Rookie year in NE. I believe we would have seen 60% pass completion, 20+ touchdowns and fewer sacks and 3500 yards if he had better blocking, a running game, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker to throw to. You give Matt Castle some blocking, and some weapons and I think you will be very happy with his play.

As for the Coaching staff, Coach Haley was stuck with alot of coaching staff that was less than ideal. He didn't take over the offence just because he wanted to. He took over to move the team into another direction. Which if you look at it now, seems a great decision because Charlie Weis is comming in here with the same offence. The players will already know most of the plays and terminology. If it had not been for him taking over we would be looking at the offence having to learn a whole new offence comming into the season.
    FYI we did have a WR coach. He was fired and Dedric Ward was hired. Though I would exspect to have a new WR coach befor the draft. We hade a O line coach all year also, Bill Muir. He is and old timer that coached the O line at Tampa in their hay day in early 2000. He didnt do to bad of a job considering the injuries we had this year. Not sure he will make it to next year either. Coach Haley will be turning over staff in the off season just like he did with players during the season. If someone isnt getting it done he will replace them. Coach Haley got hired too late last year to be able to go after good assistant coaches. Yes he took the reins of the offence last year, and I am sure many other things because the coaches were not getting it done. Just like one player can't win the game alone. A coach can not do it all alone. He knows that and will bring in the right people so he can consintrate on being the head coach.

its going to be a fun off season

Weis can concentrate on working with Cassel and the QBs and Haley can put more into working with the receivers where they each specialize. Should be a good recipe for future success.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast