Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D Bowe

Default D Bowe

Just a thought, I'm not happy about the amount of drops we had. It makes the coach look bad and we all thought Bowe would always be our #1 WR. Do you think there's any chance he gets traded in the offseason or during the draft? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

I dont think bowe is a true number #1 wr. When TG was here he kept most of the attention on him. Bowe ran wild because of this.
    Bowe needs attention else were to flurish.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    I dont think bowe is a true number #1 wr. When TG was here he kept most of the attention on him. Bowe ran wild because of this.
    Bowe needs attention else were to flurish.

Agreed. I think Bowe could be one of the best number 2 guys in the league if we can pick up a true number 1.

ITs not out of the question that bowe gets moved. he did not have the season that I thought he would even with the loss of Tony G.

I agree. At this point, I could take him or leave him. We do alot of 'settling' as Chiefs fans, why settle for a #1 WR who would be a #2 on any team that has a guy who is GREAT.

if we can get a GREAT player I wouldnt cry if they traded Dbowe or moved him to #2

That being said, if he can work his butt off this offseason, commit to being a great player he might be able to be that guy that I thinkw e deserve.

It will be interesting to see if they get a new DC, but all n all I think they will keep Bowe. I think we will see more coaching cuts in the next two weeks now that we have a new OC and one can expect the same if a new DC comes in. We need to be ready for the draft and the FA's.

i like Bowe. I think he will be our no.1 receiver for a long time, and i didnt expect him to be anything special this year. he should be tons better next season. offense is a thing of chemistry in my eyes.

a speedy no.2 receiver who can stretch the field would do wonders for him and the rest of the offense though. no question about that.

We have no other receivers guys. Chambers is a free agent and is no lock to return. Our number 1 receiver would be Lance Long or some crap. No thanks, we need to hang onto Bowe.

I think Bowe can be a number one receiver for a long time as well. He has incredible upside, just look at his play over the last few seasons. He made a TD catch against SD (I was sitting just a few feet away! Only bright spot of the game!) where he was falling out of the back of the end zone. Just a couple weeks ago he made a catch and had exactly the nose for the first down line, getting it by less than the length of the football, on a 3rd down no less. He's already had a career full of those types of plays. Drops alone aren't a good enough argument to get rid of him in my opinion. Just look at the drop leaders in the league: Randy Moss, C. Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall, Derrick Mason, Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson. You can't tell me that none of those guys are legitimate number 1 wide outs. I'll admit that Bowe has had way too many drops, especially this season. There is no way he should be leading the league, especially after being suspended, but he is, and that's unacceptable. He's got a contract year coming up, so I'm excited to see what he can do. Hopefully we get some decent coaching in place to help him succeed. If he doesn't do it on this team, he'll do it elsewhere. And if he does go elsewhere, teams aren't going to give us a player the caliber of Vince Wilfork for him, I'd expect somewhere closer to the TG trade, maybe even lower. I think we're stuck with him, and right now that's not a terrible problem to have by any means.

So, I don't think we need to go out and find ourselves a number 1 receiver, I think Bowe can handle it, he seemed well on his way when TG was here. We really need a legitimate number 2 wideout. We don't need more mediocre deep threats with mediocre hands. We need a possession receiver. I personally hope we pick up Golden Tate in the second round. He's already worked with Weis, so hopefully it should be an easy transition to the NFL. He's got some of the best hands in the draft this year too. Chambers could be a decent 3rd option for a few years, but we really need a possession guy for the future.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    So, I don't think we need to go out and find ourselves a number 1 receiver, I think Bowe can handle it, he seemed well on his way when TG was here. We really need a legitimate number 2 wideout.

This is an excellent point, with another guy who can be a solid #2 (Chambers could be that guy) that will give Bowe more opportunity.

As far as needing need a posession reciever, my thinking is more along the lines that Dbowe IS our possession reciever, he just has to make sure that when the ball is thrown to him he ends up possessing it rather than it ending up on the ground. A better compliment to him would be a speed guy, or one of the guys who is going to be fast but has that tip top leap and grab ability like TG used to have for us.

say.. Alexander out of MU ??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast