Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your Super Bowl traditions?

Default What are your Super Bowl traditions?

I traditionally host a Super Bowl Party downstairs, which I honorably call "The Chiefs Level".

This year my son & his wife will be co-hosting with me. Works out great...split the grocery cost 50/50...mom does all the cooking & cleaning to prepare, and the clean up, hahaha. That's what mom's are for though...right?

Traditional annual menu, all homemade made from scratch by hand in mom's (Connie Jo's) kitchen, haha:

Chili...two full 16qt pots!
    Enchilada's...4 large pan's of them!
    Cinnamon Rolls...4 large pan's of those too!
    Sourdough Bread...8 loaves!
    Cookie assortment...10 dozen!
    Peanut Clusters...I don't count, but it's a lot!

Each guest brings a side dish to complete the menu, thankfully, cause by the time I get done cooking & baking all the above...

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Your plans sound really tempting!! I've always thought it would be fun to go hang out in a sports bar with "great eats" on Super Bowl Sunday...and great friends too of course!

KC Wolf use to tradtionally be booked and attend a Super Bowl Party at a sports bar somewhere around KC...unless my memory is wrong, which is possible, haha. That would be a blast of a party I would think...I love KC Wolf, he's hilarious!
    Oh, I don't go to bars. I just go where the food is at friends houses.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I thinking about starting a new Super Bowl Tradition, how far is it to your house, can you send me a map, and what flavor side dish of beer would you like me to bring!
    It depends on what part of Nebraska you're in! I'm only about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Omaha!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Oh, I don't go to bars. I just go where the food is at friends houses.
    That's right, I remember...but I wasn't thinking of typical bars, more the sports restaurant and bar environment, rather than a night club or 'dive' bar.

The most important thing is being where the friends are!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    It depends on what part of Nebraska you're in! I'm only about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Omaha!
    I am only 2 hrs west of Omaha, I could so make it time for pregame festivities, course making back to work the next morning, could be a problem.

Mine is a three level Super Bowl party this year. We have about 40 skids piled up out back so we can have a big bonfire when we play out back in the afternoon. Then everyone goes home for a shower and the food all goes on the grills. We have three BBQs, 2 50" big screens in the house and a TV in the garage!!

The menu is

Chili
    Ribs
    Chicken wings
    Chiecken drumstics
    Lasagna
    Pulled Pork
    Pasta
    and whatever everyone else brings

My new twist to this years SB is that I am not havin' a single drink. Its now been 10 days with no beer!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I have some hot wings and just wish that the chiefs would be playing in the game. thats about all i do if the Chiefs were to ever get there I would probely have a ton of food and a lot of fun as long as the Chiefs win.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Mine is a three level Super Bowl party this year. We have about 40 skids piled up out back so we can have a big bonfire when we play out back in the afternoon. Then everyone goes home for a shower and the food all goes on the grills. We have three BBQs, 2 50" big screens in the house and a TV in the garage!!

The menu is

Chili
    Ribs
    Chicken wings
    Chiecken drumstics
    Lasagna
    Pulled Pork
    Pasta
    and whatever everyone else brings

My new twist to this years SB is that I am not havin' a single drink. Its now been 10 days with no beer!!
    I am going to self invite myself over to this party, cause it sounds amazing.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I am going to self invite myself over to this party, cause it sounds amazing.
    Anyone and everyone is always welcome at my house. Especially Chiefs fans!! We used to get a keg and roast a pig on a spit out in the backyard but it gets too cold to roast a pig.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Kool....but I may need to crash on your couch! Its kind of a long drive....
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am only 2 hrs west of Omaha, I could so make it time for pregame festivities, course making back to work the next morning, could be a problem.
    Well, you may be even closer if you're West of Omaha, not sure...I'm about an hour and 15 minutes drive Southeast of Falls City, Nebraska.

That's why it's called 'black Monday', hahaha. I think the Monday after Super Bowl should be declared and made a National Holiday, in honor of our country's most popular sport, it's heroe's and loyal fans! No doubt NFL fans are a majority within the population, considering all statistics!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast