Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your Super Bowl traditions?

Default What are your Super Bowl traditions?

I traditionally host a Super Bowl Party downstairs, which I honorably call "The Chiefs Level".

This year my son & his wife will be co-hosting with me. Works out great...split the grocery cost 50/50...mom does all the cooking & cleaning to prepare, and the clean up, hahaha. That's what mom's are for though...right?

Traditional annual menu, all homemade made from scratch by hand in mom's (Connie Jo's) kitchen, haha:

Chili...two full 16qt pots!
    Enchilada's...4 large pan's of them!
    Cinnamon Rolls...4 large pan's of those too!
    Sourdough Bread...8 loaves!
    Cookie assortment...10 dozen!
    Peanut Clusters...I don't count, but it's a lot!

Each guest brings a side dish to complete the menu, thankfully, cause by the time I get done cooking & baking all the above...

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Sounds good!
    What do you do for Super Bowl Aussie?...anything special?

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Sounds great Connie JO
    At my house it is a time for morning. Its just another season that the chiefs died before the big game.
    Then the wake starts. We celebrate the good times for the previous year by watching the most dominating game the Chiefs have that year. This year it will be the Donkeys. Then we start talking about the rebirth and potential of the Chiefs and get all pumped about the next season. Then we watch the Super Bowl. Usually cheering for the AFC, unless it is the Squeelers, Paties, or any team from AFC West. Then I have to cheer for the NFC.

Drinks: Scotch, Bourbon, and beer for the guys, chocolet martinies, and mudslides for the girls.

Food: Appt. Boiled shrimp and vegi trays.
    Main course. Elk burgers, bratts, hotdogs, homemade baked beans, and about 20 bags of chip.

Then we round out the day with some sort of hangover preventive medicin and tums.

I just follow the crowds to some good eats.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    Sounds great Connie JO
    At my house it is a time for morning. Its just another season that the chiefs died before the big game.
    Then the wake starts. We celebrate the good times for the previous year by watching the most dominating game the Chiefs have that year. This year it will be the Donkeys. Then we start talking about the rebirth and potential of the Chiefs and get all pumped about the next season. Then we watch the Super Bowl. Usually cheering for the AFC, unless it is the Squeelers, Paties, or any team from AFC West. Then I have to cheer for the NFC.

Drinks: Scotch, Bourbon, and beer for the guys, chocolet martinies, and mudslides for the girls.

Food: Appt. Boiled shrimp and vegi trays.
    Main course. Elk burgers, bratts, hotdogs, homemade baked beans, and about 20 bags of chip.

Then we round out the day with some sort of hangover preventive medicin and tums.
    AWESOME!! (except the Elk, have a bad memory related to my grandpa shooting an Elk in Oregon when I was 5 yrs old...I wasn't happy with him at all, believing he shot a horse with horns, haha.)

I've always wanted to play video of our Chiefs greatest moments pre-Super Bowl airing, but everyone want's to see the commercials, hahaha...which have expanded pre and post Super Bowl.

I'm not 'that' loyal to the AFC overall. The Packers have been my 2nd fav team since childhood, having relatives in Wisconsin. However, Bart Starr and Brett Favre were also contributor's to my favoring the Packers. Brett's a Vike now, as well as Jared Allen, another fav player...so I'm rooting for the Vikes to go all the way this Super Bowl.

I also have had a soft spot for the Saint's ever since Hank Stram left KC and coached the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I just follow the crowds to some good eats.
    Your plans sound really tempting!! I've always thought it would be fun to go hang out in a sports bar with "great eats" on Super Bowl Sunday...and great friends too of course!

KC Wolf use to tradtionally be booked and attend a Super Bowl Party at a sports bar somewhere around KC...unless my memory is wrong, which is possible, haha. That would be a blast of a party I would think...I love KC Wolf, he's hilarious!

For the last 16 years I have gone to the bowling alley and bowled on league but I don't bowl on the league anymore so I will have to figure out just what I am going to do maybe I could come over Connie Jo even though it would be a long drive.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    For the last 16 years I have gone to the bowling alley and bowled on league but I don't bowl on the league anymore so I will have to figure out just what I am going to do maybe I could come over Connie Jo even though it would be a long drive.
    You are most certainly welcome to join us, hahaha! I'm about an 8 hr drive to the North Texas border, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I traditionally host a Super Bowl Party downstairs, which I honorably call "The Chiefs Level".

This year my son & his wife will be co-hosting with me. Works out great...split the grocery cost 50/50...mom does all the cooking & cleaning to prepare, and the clean up, hahaha. That's what mom's are for though...right?

Traditional annual menu, all homemade made from scratch by hand in mom's (Connie Jo's) kitchen, haha:

Chili...two full 16qt pots!
    Enchilada's...4 large pan's of them!
    Cinnamon Rolls...4 large pan's of those too!
    Sourdough Bread...8 loaves!
    Cookie assortment...10 dozen!
    Peanut Clusters...I don't count, but it's a lot!

Each guest brings a side dish to complete the menu, thankfully, cause by the time I get done cooking & baking all the above...
    I thinking about starting a new Super Bowl Tradition, how far is it to your house, can you send me a map, and what flavor side dish of beer would you like me to bring!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast