Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Tate possible draft pick at 35?

Default Golden Tate possible draft pick at 35?

With Chalie Weiss on board what do you think about KC drafting Golden Tate WR Notre Dame? Here is his highlight reel. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iIdPV4eibg"]YouTube- Golden Tate - 2008 Highlight Package[/ame]

Pettis doesn't do any special teams for BSU. Not sure if he would really be a special teamer for returns, maybe for coverage but not sure on being our return man.

He fractured a bone in his ankle on the 27th of November, and said he was about 70% when he played in the fiesta bowl on Jan 4th. Not to shabby for about 4 weeks. Dude is tough, big (6'3" 203lbs, and runs a 4.5 40yrd dash so he is not a burner but seems to play fast in pads)

Great value if he declares for the draft. He is ranked 8th out of all wide receivers.

Pettis IMO looks slow and doesnt have the breakaway speed or YAC's???

He is not slow by any means, he is not a burner though either, and gets his fair amount of YAC but his upside is he catches everything, and i do mean EVERYTHING. He is big, he plays big, he runs very good routes. I don't care about YAC or a Deep threat, i want someone to catch the ball and hold on. Run a 10yard route and move the chains, Chambers can obviously stretch the field and bowe can get YAC. We can get a speedster late in the draft or in FA, who knows maybe lawrence will become a decent deep threat.

But no pettis is not as slow as you think. Actually if you watch the video you will see a very fast corner barely run him down and make a shoe string tackle. He reminds me ALOT of anquan boldin but with better hands.

If you don't love Golden Tate, you aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    Meh other than some speed and bad coverage didn't see anything to exciting as all the throws were right in the bread basket!

Now i will say it one more time, I know you guys are all high on tate but better value if he declares for the draft. AUSTIN PETTIS from BSU!!!

Catches everything and here is proof!

Unless you are talking about the fourth round AT BEST then no way on earth.

There is a whole hell of a lot of good WR's in this draft. I would like to see us go after Jordan Shipley, at least he can return punts and kick offs.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    There is a whole hell of a lot of good WR's in this draft. I would like to see us go after Jordan Shipley, at least he can return punts and kick offs.
    Golden Tate in the second and Banks in the later rounds :). Tate is compared to Steve Smith as far as skill set and size. Banks is super raw. One of the best returners in college football, he could be used similar to how Percy Harvin and Josh Cribbs are used on offense as well with outside runs, reverses/trick plays, taking some of the weight off of Charles' shoulders. He's super tiny too which only adds to the confusion when you're dealing with a special circumstance player like that.

I like Shipley, but he projects as a slot guy/number 3 man (we do need a slot guy badly though if Long isn't going to work out for us), but I'd rather have a guy that is considered more NFL ready with more potential to be a solid number 2 (or 1 if the drafting team gets lucky). Also, I'd rather have a KR/PR that we're not asking to be an extremely vital part of the offense as returning kicks limits a players shelf life most of the time.

I guess it's a matter of preference. Spend a little more and have an even better receiver that already knows our OC and his system and use an expendable pick on one of the best returners available or wait a little bit, get a guy that can do it all and use the higher picks on other needs. To me, there isn't really a wrong answer.

Thanks Aussie!

its gonna be what haley and weis thinks of tate. if weis loved him i believe hell be drafted and if its a second pick or later i'll like the pick

BRIS-COE in the 3rd or 4th

46" vertical - this is my WR sleeper pick of the draft :P

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfO3XOv0oEw"]YouTube- Danario Alexander: All American WR[/ame]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast