Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Tate possible draft pick at 35?

Default Golden Tate possible draft pick at 35?

With Chalie Weiss on board what do you think about KC drafting Golden Tate WR Notre Dame? Here is his highlight reel. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iIdPV4eibg"]YouTube- Golden Tate - 2008 Highlight Package[/ame]

I think we have #37 in that round, but I could be wrong. I wouldnt have a problem with it, though I think we should focus more on defense in the second round. I think we would be the team who best knows how to use him bc of Weis

He is not good enough to pick #5 and really dought he will be arourd come pick #37 if he is available at 37 and is 4.4 or quicker in the 40 I would be all for it. I'm actually hoping we can get Eric Berry with pick 5 but doughting he is there at 5 LOL. I think safty is our greatest need on Defence. We also have the 50th or 51st pick in the draft also. Should be able to get 2nd or 3rd rated safties with that pick. So why not go after a good WR like Tate if he's still there at 37

agreed not with first pick unless we trade down alot and pick up some more picks then id take him late first early second if weis loves him having weis is gonna help us evaluate all the notre tream in the draft and future drafts

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    agreed not with first pick unless we trade down alot and pick up some more picks then id take him late first early second if weis loves him having weis is gonna help us evaluate all the notre tream in the draft and future drafts
    Nobody is suggesting taking him with the first round. If we did take a wideout in the first round, Bryant, Lafell and Williams would all be available.

Anywho, the draft is still a long ways away and a lot can happen, but right now I wouldn't mind spending either of the second round picks on Tate should he be there, though what we do with the first pick determines how the rest of the draft goes. If we take Berry like I hope we do, I'd be okay with going offense in the second round. If we go OT number 5 overall, I'd lean more toward a guy like Von Miller on defense.

Another guy who could help is Eric Decker. He's similar to Tate and fell a little bit due to injury. He could be a solid receiver taken in the 3rd or even later. Oh, and then there's that Shipley guy.

Thanks Aussie!

Meh other than some speed and bad coverage didn't see anything to exciting as all the throws were right in the bread basket!

Now i will say it one more time, I know you guys are all high on tate but better value if he declares for the draft. AUSTIN PETTIS from BSU!!!

Catches everything and here is proof!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW8UJYR3bCU"]YouTube- Boise State Broncos 2009 - #2 Austin Pettis[/ame]

This looks to be a pretty receiver heavy draft. I do not know a ton about Pettis. I know he was limited in their bowl game due to a fracture in one of his legs. It through me, because they said it happened three weeks before, yet he was playing some, which is odd, since most fractures are 6 weeks period. Can he help in the return game too? I would think the ones that can help in that aspect will be the highest on their radar. Shipley does that. How many of the others do? I am not being rhetorical with that question, I honestly do not know which others are kick returners.

Tate will obviously get some consideration because of the Weis connection, but I think we have much more pressing needs than WR if we can re-sign Chambers and we can pick up a slot receiver in the 3rd round with someone like Jordan Shipley.

I would not be upset if the Chiefs took him. Tate was a good reciver under Weis at Noter Dame. Haveing Weis a coach that tate nos would defently help him in the NFL.

Tate does one thing and one thing only - makes plays.

He is fantastic after the catch, comes up with the big grab, and blocks downfield.

Now, michael floyd is going to be the better pro, so i wouldn't be surprised to see us go after him next year, but I love golden tate. My best friend is a huge Irish fan, so I ended up watching all of their games. I was objective, since I'm not a ND fan per se, but Tate constantly showed up, and constantly made plays.

I'd take him in the second in a heartbeat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast