Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trading Brodie Croyle

Default Trading Brodie Croyle

Currious to see what everyone thinks about this. May be the best player we have that we could do without. Mayby trading to San Fran for Franklin. OR hold onto your hats. What about trading to Arizona, Warner can't play forever and Linert just doesnt seem like he is ever going to be a starter. In my eyes they have a need. They also have a player that really doesn't want to be there. Would trade Brodie and a third for Antwon Boldin.
    I think Coach Haley would love to have him here. Tell me what you thing GANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    At this point, he'd be no more valuable than Thigpen...a 5th rounder.
    Not really that true, Thigpen stepped in and actually has won a game as a Chief, Brodie has yet to do that however I will revert to the beginning of this season where Cassell was hurt and Brodie stepped in, he took some shots I thought for sure he would be carted off the field and he got up and kept playing. He just had bad luck in his career and I would bet if he were placed in a system like Cassell had in NE he would be able to step up and win. Reality however will most likely not give him that oppertunity.
    Chiefs Nation

Brodie's inexpensive for us to keep and who knows maybe with all the time he's spent in KC he'll be groomed as a QB coach.

Brodie's a solid backup QB who knows the system and has good physical tools. I don't want to trade him for a 5th rounder which usually amounts to a player that is out of the league within a couple years. It's important to have a backup you can rely on. I just hope we can re-sign him.

If you think Croyle is worth a 4th or 5th round pick than you are what we call in my business, an 'owner'

meaning, if you where willing to give that up for him, and you had the power, you just bought it for way more than what its worth

he has not one iota of trade value, there will be tons of backup QB's available, even some who arent injury prone.

i don't think a fourth rounder would be worth it, we have some picks brodie is a solid number two that really put us in a position to win against the ravens if cassel goes down or dosen't turn into what he should atleast brodie could step in and use his rocket arm, as long as our line looks like they did at the end of this last season

I say let him go. Bring in somebody that has won at least 1 nfl game.
    SHUT IT

After watching the Ravens game over this year , Im very on board with Brodie. Go back back and watch the game and tell me what you think. I think we have a great thing with Croyle. He has a strong arm, knows the system, and off the field you couldnt ask for a better guy to represent the team. You never hear him complain that hes getting the shaft each year he loses out to a different Qb He just says says Im gonna Practice and be ready to play whenever they need me. He is injury prone or at least has been, But That comes with taking a beating from no Oline protection, Hes a tough kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    At this point, he'd be no more valuable than Thigpen...a 5th rounder.
    Yeah, Thigpen had more value that Croyle this year simply because Thigpen was not yet a free agent, despite the fact that he had more wins and more experience than Croyle.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I say let him go. Bring in somebody that has won at least 1 nfl game.
    or stick with someone that has been through this offense for a year, has a rocket arm, and only has not won again due to the teams hes been on, put most qbs in his situation the last three years and theyd stay down after being thrashed by haynesworth to

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post

or stick with someone that has been through this offense for a year, has a rocket arm, and only has not won again due to the teams hes been on, put most qbs in his situation the last three years and theyd stay down after being thrashed by haynesworth to
    This.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast