Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading picks in the DRAFT

Default Trading picks in the DRAFT

Scott Pioli likes to trade down in the draft. Will we trade up or down?
    Last year we tried to trade down but no one wanted our pick. Wouldn't be suprised to see us try to trade down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Teams only have to think that the Redskins are going after a QB to want to trade up to the 3rd spot, what they actually do doesn't matter. Also, I tried to find a source saying Shanny wanted a QB, turns out that source was myself. Woops. I still have a hard time believing they would be 100% with Campbell right now. New coaches usually mean new QB's.

Turns out Mallett just declared that he's staying in college in the past couple days. So QB's are going to be at more of a premium. Bradford could be a top 10 pick depending on what happens at the combine. In the end I guess we could still trade out of it, though if we would get shafted like the Browns did this year, I'd rather just keep the 5th.
    This is a scenario in the draft that could occur that wouldn't be that crazy or out of the real of possibility.

1. The Rams take Suh at #1. They do this to save money and because they need help on defense.

2. The Lions take Russel Okung. They need help at LT and they need to protect their investment in Stafford.

3. The Bucs take Gerald McCoy. They need a DT and with Suh gone McCoy is the BPA.

4. The Redskins take Eric Berry. I firmly believe that Shanny will keep Campbell around. Campbell fits well into Shanny's system and will be sufficient enough for him for the next couple years (Like it or not Shanny's good with QBs. He even made Jake Plummer into a decent QB for a season or so.) If Berry's still availble I doubt they'd pass.

Which leaves us at #5 and leaves Clausen still on the board. If this is the case there's lot of teams that would be willing to trade up to get him. The reason why our draft pick would be so valuable would be, because at #6 the Seahawks would probably be interested in Clausen as well.

In a QB weak class Clausen is easily the best QB available. If the Jets last year were willing to trade up to the #5 spot for the much more questionable Mark Sanchez than it'd be crazy to think there wouldn't be a few teams willing to do the same for Clausen this year.

I cant imagine us trading up. Hell, theres nobody worth the pick we have now...I would love to see us trade down a couple spots at least. If he could even pick up another 2nd or maybe even a first out of it, we could get 3-4 starter easily out of this draft. Its going to be an exciting offseason :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12