Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading picks in the DRAFT

Default Trading picks in the DRAFT

Scott Pioli likes to trade down in the draft. Will we trade up or down?
    Last year we tried to trade down but no one wanted our pick. Wouldn't be suprised to see us try to trade down again.

With the way its set up right now, there is really no incentive to trade up any higher than what we are picking at unless you get complettely enamored with ap layer ala Al Davis.

If anything we will go down in the 1st~

Why would we trade up? We need to get more picks, and so I hope we trade down.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well we will probably try to trade down but the big problem is not many teams want to move up that far and pay the money for a 5th pick.

I'd like to see us trade down and gain another 1st, another 2nd, AND another 4th round pick. That would give us:
    2-1's
    3-2's
    1-3
    2-4's
    3-5's
    1-6
    0-7

That could give us the opportunity to draft Terrance Cody without having to sacrifice filling our other needs. As I posted in the "draft discussion" thread, my hope is that Pioli finds a way to draft McClain. If he can figure out a way to trade down and gain those picks while still being able to draft McClain, then the guy is a miracle worker and would be my hero for 2010. It's essential that we find a defensive leader this offseason.

If the Rams pass on Clausen (I don't think they will, but it's a possibility) than there's a good chance he falls to us at #5 and if that's the case there's going to be a lot of teams that will covet our draft pick and a lot of teams that will be willing to trade us for it.

Regardless of whether Clausen's available at #5 or not though I think we should without question trade down if Berry, Suh, and Okung are all gone by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    If the Rams pass on Clausen (I don't think they will, but it's a possibility) than there's a good chance he falls to us at #5 and if that's the case there's going to be a lot of teams that will covet our draft pick and a lot of teams that will be willing to trade us for it.

Regardless of whether Clausen's available at #5 or not though I think we should without question trade down if Berry, Suh, and Okung are all gone by that point.
    There are still some QB's to be had in Ryan Mallet and Sam Bradford. With Washington picking ahead of us though, one would think that Tampa's 3rd overall pick is the one to trade up for. Hate to say it, but I think we're stuck. You never know though, Cleveland, Oakland and Seattle are picking just behind us and they're all going to be in the hunt for a QB, so maybe somebody would want to reach for one of those QB's.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    There are still some QB's to be had in Ryan Mallet and Sam Bradford. With Washington picking ahead of us though, one would think that Tampa's 3rd overall pick is the one to trade up for. Hate to say it, but I think we're stuck. You never know though, Cleveland, Oakland and Seattle are picking just behind us and they're all going to be in the hunt for a QB, so maybe somebody would want to reach for one of those QB's.
    You're scenario is banking on the fact that the Redskins don't keep Jason Campbell around. I happen to think that Shanny will keep him as their guy. If this is the case and the Rams pass on him, than it's going to be very probable that he falls to us at 5 and if he's still available at 5 than there'll be teams interested in our draft spot. The Browns would be interested, the seahawks would be interested, the Bills would be interested, the 49ers maybe would be interested. There'd be teams out there for us to trade with.

There's scenario's where I could see this happening. I don't think it will, because I think the Rams are for sure going to take Clausen, but than again everyone thought for sure the Texans were going to take Reggie Bush. If Clausen asks for too much money the Rams might take Suh or Berry and if that were to happen I'm pretty confident Clausen would fall to us at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    You're scenario is banking on the fact that the Redskins don't keep Jason Campbell around. I happen to think that Shanny will keep him as their guy. If this is the case and the Rams pass on him, than it's going to be very probable that he falls to us at 5 and if he's still available at 5 than there'll be teams interested in our draft spot. The Browns would be interested, the seahawks would be interested, the Bills would be interested, the 49ers maybe would be interested. There'd be teams out there for us to trade with.

There's scenario's where I could see this happening. I don't think it will, because I think the Rams are for sure going to take Clausen, but than again everyone thought for sure the Texans were going to take Reggie Bush. If Clausen asks for too much money the Rams might take Suh or Berry and if that were to happen I'm pretty confident Clausen would fall to us at 5.
    Teams only have to think that the Redskins are going after a QB to want to trade up to the 3rd spot, what they actually do doesn't matter. Also, I tried to find a source saying Shanny wanted a QB, turns out that source was myself. Woops. I still have a hard time believing they would be 100% with Campbell right now. New coaches usually mean new QB's.

Turns out Mallett just declared that he's staying in college in the past couple days. So QB's are going to be at more of a premium. Bradford could be a top 10 pick depending on what happens at the combine. In the end I guess we could still trade out of it, though if we would get shafted like the Browns did this year, I'd rather just keep the 5th.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd like to see us trade down and gain another 1st, another 2nd, AND another 4th round pick. That would give us:
    2-1's
    3-2's
    1-3
    2-4's
    3-5's
    1-6
    0-7

That could give us the opportunity to draft Terrance Cody without having to sacrifice filling our other needs. As I posted in the "draft discussion" thread, my hope is that Pioli finds a way to draft McClain. If he can figure out a way to trade down and gain those picks while still being able to draft McClain, then the guy is a miracle worker and would be my hero for 2010. It's essential that we find a defensive leader this offseason.
    I would love to make that trade, but in the days of super high priced top 5 picks, I dont think other teams would be willing to make that trade. I would be happy with getting either two 1sts or a few 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast