Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you pick

Default Who would you pick

Simple, you can pick anyone but Suh. He is the only player that we know will be gone. So make your pick as though we are picking #2. Make your pick and a brief note to tell us why.

My pick: Eric Berry - Easy to exsplain, if there is one player on defence that can affect the whole defence, it is a safty. Proof Ed Reed, Troy Polamalo, Darren Sharper.

Berry, for the reason everyone else has. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Well I'd like to have either Berry or Okung if both those guys are gone than I'd try and trade down.
    I don't remember starting a second account under the name of captainamerica. Nor posting this comment under said alias.

hat's wierd.

Berry, he would make an imediate inpact, and would continue to stay that way for 12 years, if hes gone hopefully we have some trading power with Clausen or even Suh.

other choices would be in this order
    Okung
    McClain
    Williams
    Haden

its still early, as a lot of things will change, there are always some guys that show real well in the combines. others with bad showing. and FA always changes everything as well.

Go CHIEFS!

Eric Berry... a consensus top 2 player in the draft and also would be a huge upgrade over Mike Brown.

After Berry, in order:

LT Okung
    ILB McClain
    CB Haden
    Last edited by yashi; 01-11-2010 at 09:12 AM.

At this early moment way before the draft I have these three players on my watch list Eric Berry, Sam Bradford & Taylor Mays. There are many others I like as well but I would for sure like one of these three, although I would only use the fifth pick on Berry.

Next.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    At this early moment way before the draft I have these three players on my watch list Eric Berry, Sam Bradford & Taylor Mays. There are many others I like as well but I would for sure like one of these three, although I would only use the fifth pick on Berry.

Next.
    You actually would want us to consider Sam Bradford? I don't see how he'd be worth that early of a draft pick and all that money that goes with it considering how unproven he is, how questionable his arm strength is, and how banged up he has been.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    You actually would want us to consider Sam Bradford? I don't see how he'd be worth that early of a draft pick and all that money that goes with it considering how unproven he is, how questionable his arm strength is, and how banged up he has been.
    Yes I personally am extremely interested in him at QB. I realize he got dinged this year. He should have came out last year for his betterment probably. But as I said, not with the fifth pick, I think he'll likely drop and if we are so lucky, so can we... or move up with our other picks, etc.

Point is, in my case, I have an interest in him. Do we need a Qb, who knows probably not, and we should draft elsewhere this year. I just think in comparison he's better than Sanchez by far and look where Sanchez is, but I've been wrong many times before.

Yes I personally am extremely interested in him at QB. I realize he got dinged this year. He should have came out last year for his betterment probably. But as I said, not with the fifth pick, I think he'll likely drop and if we are so lucky, so can we... or move up with our other picks, etc.

Point is, in my case, I have an interest in him. Do we need a Qb, who knows probably not, and we should draft elsewhere this year. I just think in comparison he's better than Sanchez by far and look where Sanchez is, but I've been wrong many times before.
    Such a huge commitment to take a QB in the 1st round, and there are an infinite list of question marks with Bradford. Shoulder surgeries for quarterbacks always take their arm strength down a notch, and Bradford's arm strength was far from elite to begin with. Then there's the fact that he hasn't taken a snap from under center in his life, so who knows if he'll be able to do it or not.

I do like him a lot, especially his awesome accuracy, but I view him as a best case Chad Pennington personally. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Pennington is the most accurate QB in NFL history.

Sanchez went to a team that was ready for him. The jets had a top defense, top running game, and established WRs...not aot of rookie QBs get that luxury. Having a more complete team makes it lot easier for young QBs to succeed...personally I dont think Bradford ill be half the QB the Sanchez will ever be, and Im not abi fan of Sanchez. Lots of bumps and bruises, and he has still to ake a snp in a pro style offense. Im sure someone will be willing to trade up to grab him though...hopfully him and Clausen will still be thre when we draft so we can hav some more trade opportunities

rolando mclain for sure,our linebackers suck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast