Thread: I'm lost...why is the Pro Bowl before Super Bowl?

Default I'm lost...why is the Pro Bowl before Super Bowl?

I guess with all that's happened this year relating to life changes, it's kept my thoughts preoccupied & I missed much NFL news. Why is Pro Bowl before Super Bowl?

I know I didn't lose my memory during the last year, and Pro Bowl has traditionally been after Super Bowl, haha.

Pro Bowl is not a rough contact match up, but isn't there still some injury risk? Even if a minor risk it seems odd they would take that chance with some players possibly needed for Super Bowl...no?

~very confused!~

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Because the NFL thinks it will enhance the Super Bowl week, and get fans to come to the Pro Bowl, then stay the week and spend more money before attending the Super Bowl. So more money is made by all, the NFL and the Host City and Venue.
    I do not like it, because it is one of my dream goals in Life, to go to Hawaii for Pro Bowl week, and attend as many of the events possible and the game, then also visit Pearl Harbor.

Yeah...it somewhat sucks IMO too. I don't tolerate change of traditions well. Shoot...if it ain't broke don't fix it!

My step dad was in the Navy, and at Pearl Harbor that fatal day. He traveled to Hawaii about every 5 yrs or so to honor those friends and comrades he lost. It was almost as if he was obsessed with it, imagine there was a bit of trauma for him related. :(

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Yeah...it somewhat sucks IMO too. I don't tolerate change of traditions well. Shoot...if it ain't broke don't fix it!

My step dad was in the Navy, and at Pearl Harbor that fatal day. He traveled to Hawaii about every 5 yrs or so to honor those friends and comrades he lost. It was almost as if he was obsessed with it, imagine there was a bit of trauma for him related. :(
    I do not like changes to things I like. I liked watching all the events of Pro Bowl week, when wide world of sports, would show them on Sat before the Pro Bowl. I hate the fact, that you can not watch the Half Time Show of a College Football Game! I loved to watch the Host Teams College Band preform. If I want to see the scores and watch the video, and hear the talking heads analyze the other games. I could turn the channel to ESPN. Besides, I already know the scores, and see the top plays, cause they show them on the bottom of the screen, or switch over to show the video feed!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 01-10-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

And also especially if all the fans are loving it!

Your guess is as good as mine. The NFL is dumb so.....ask them.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well, as a friend of mine says..."Hammer meets nail on head"...Tornado did that...it's about the money, not what the fans prefer. :(

The pro bowl is going back to Hawii and after the superbowl next year i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    The pro bowl is going back to Hawii and after the superbowl next year i think.
    THATS GOOD!!!