Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: turn around team of the year

Hybrid View

Default turn around team of the year

Yesterday on the NFL network postgame show Shannon Sharp picked the Chiefs as the team to make the biggest turn around in 2010. He even went as far as to say they make the playoffs.

Correction. It was the CBS post game show.

Of all people, Shannon Sharpe gave us some love...good to hear. Personally, I dont see playoffs just yet, be we are sure going in the right direction. It always means a little more coming from him :)

Almost every year, 6 teams that do not make the playoffs, make the plaoffs the following year. With a good off season, getting players to fill our weak positions anything is possible..
    With that said I would be satisfied with 8 wins next year.

I saw that to. Hopefuly he turns out to be right about this one.

Shannon Sharp? GTFO! Shannon Sharp....no way, I don't believe you. He bags on the Chiefs every min he gets, and promotes the Donks a whole lot.

If this is true, its good to hear.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Shannon Sharp? GTFO! Shannon Sharp....no way, I don't believe you. He bags on the Chiefs every min he gets, and promotes the Donks a whole lot.

I know my eyebrows raised when I read SS said this about the Chiefs, cause you're right...he criticizes & rags on the Chiefs every opportunity...at least when I've watched him talk he has.

I'm skeptical...he want's his HOF Induction, trying to win brownie points among peers, journalist voters, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

[quote=Connie Jo;175255]I know my eyebrows raised when I read SS said this about the Chiefs, cause you're right...he criticizes & rags on the Chiefs every opportunity...at least when I've watched him talk he has.

I'm skeptical...he want's his HOF Induction, trying to win brownie points among peers, journalist voters, hahaha.[/quote]

I dont think thats the kind of person Sharp is. I Think he is good at what he does when hes not talking about the AFC west IMO . There is a clear favorite he has and anyone would if you had that history with that team, But Shannon was good enough to make the Hall of fame without needing brownie points. I hope that hes right about this one. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

[quote=matthewschiefs;175257]
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I know my eyebrows raised when I read SS said this about the Chiefs, cause you're right...he criticizes & rags on the Chiefs every opportunity...at least when I've watched him talk he has.

I'm skeptical...he want's his HOF Induction, trying to win brownie points among peers, journalist voters, hahaha.[/quote]

I dont think thats the kind of person Sharp is. I Think he is good at what he does when hes not talking about the AFC west IMO . There is a clear favorite he has and anyone would if you had that history with that team, But Shannon was good enough to make the Hall of fame without needing brownie points. I hope that hes right about this one. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
    I know, he's deserving based on his record of play. I'm just bias, and was being sarcastic, haha.

That and last year when Shannon didn't make the HOF, there was much speculation as to why among journalists. Some speculated it had to do with his negative reputation related to bashing the Chiefs, as well as DT being nominated at the same time. A political boycott of respect for the Chiefs organization and in particular DT was speculated as to why Shannon was passed up. True or not, who knows, haha.

I just haven't had much love for Shannon since he baited Derrick Thomas (RIP) on Monday Night Football that created the only situation in DT's career he lost his cool. It resulted in the Chiefs being avoided for another MNF appearance for quite some time.

Anyway...I simply have no love for Shannon, at all.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

Sounds like with shanarat gone he is shifting loyalties!
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast