Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Romeo Update

Default romeo is coming baby hell yea

Adam_Schefter

It's likely to be a New England reunion: Now that Charlie Weis has agreed to work in Kansas City, Romeo Crennel will not be far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Not sure that is a reliable source, NFL.com didn't report it, neither did yahoo, ESPN or Kcchiefs.com.
    Well, in journalism it's all about inside sources and nailing the story first...so it's possible the NY Post journalist got the news from their source first...the others should follow I would think. It usually works that way once the 'leak' is out.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-11-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: I gotta slow down my typing! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, in journalism it's all about inside sources and nailing the story first...so it's possible the NY Post journalist got the news from their source first...the others should follow I would think. It usually works that way once the 'leak' is out.
    I would believe it to be more it from that stand point but that article was posted at 6:28 PM, plenty of time for ESPN writers to find it and scout for the truth. Just saying if it was true, I think it we would have heard more by now...4 hours later
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Not sure that is a reliable source, NFL.com didn't report it, neither did yahoo, ESPN or Kcchiefs.com.
    KC seems to use a political technique of announcing big news on Fridays. The Cassel trade was on a Friday, the Weis hiring was announced on a friday, I dont remember but I bet Haley was announced on a Friday.

Lots of people do this in politics because it keeps the story from being all everyone talks about for a whole week. Announce it on Friday, and everyone is pre-occupied with their weekend schedule. Also, people dont watch as much news on the weekend, so they wont hear as much about it on TV/radio.

In sports, you have all the weekend games to overshadow your news.

This allows the arrowhead staff to focus on their jobs, not answering media questions.

Dont expect an official announcement from the Chiefs before Friday.

Found this on KFFL

Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:08:47 -0800

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the New York Giants have approached former NFL head coach Jim Haslett about their defensive coordinator position.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    KC seems to use a political technique of announcing big news on Fridays. The Cassel trade was on a Friday, the Weis hiring was announced on a friday, I dont remember but I bet Haley was announced on a Friday.

Lots of people do this in politics because it keeps the story from being all everyone talks about for a whole week. Announce it on Friday, and everyone is pre-occupied with their weekend schedule. Also, people dont watch as much news on the weekend, so they wont hear as much about it on TV/radio.

In sports, you have all the weekend games to overshadow your news.

This allows the arrowhead staff to focus on their jobs, not answering media questions.

Dont expect an official announcement from the Chiefs before Friday.
    I understand where you are going, but yahoo, espn, nfl...blah blah blah all reported that Wies had been talking with Haley/Pioli

They haven't done this with Romeo other than one saying he was likley to re-unite with Scott and Charlie.

Just give it time and in the next few weeks they will probably do something.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I understand where you are going, but yahoo, espn, nfl...blah blah blah all reported that Wies had been talking with Haley/Pioli

They haven't done this with Romeo other than one saying he was likley to re-unite with Scott and Charlie.

Just give it time and in the next few weeks they will probably do something.
    Im not saying anything is a done deal or not. Just saying if it really is done, dont be surprised if you dont hear anything until Friday.

NFL Network has reported on this.
    I think it will be worked out by Wedensday.
    They will probably have the Press Conferance on FRI

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    NY Post also posting that this deal is going to happen
    Giants' candidate Crennel joins Chiefs
    Coolness!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    NY Post article confirming Crennel to the Chiefs:
    Giants' candidate Crennel joins Chiefs
    I've just experience the true meaning a de javu

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And Charlie Weis is a no go.
    Really? Ummm they announced it on KC Chiefs and he has already had his first Q&A with Haley.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast