Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haley shows interest in DJ next year.

Default Haley shows interest in DJ next year.

I was reading this article about players that should be here next year, and DJ was on the list. As long as we can resign him, he could potentially a starter again.

I think Haley is starting to figure things out.

Chiefs coach Haley has some surprises on his list of core players - KansasCity.com
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I would like to re sign DJ, but I honestly think he got more out of him as a rotational player than we ever did as a starter. Regardless of how athletic he is, this guys misses waaaay too many tackles to be starting. Even in his great Denver game, he must have missed a good 4-5 tackles. :( Plus, Haley has a man crush on Demarrio Williams...either way were going to need all the LBs we can get

Hopefully we can resign Chambers, Page and DJ

You know, I saw that interview and the way I remember it Haley started naming some guys.. and then a reporter kind of jumped in and asked about Derrick Johnson, and then Haley started talking about DJ. To me it didn't seem as if he was listing DJ as a core guy. Hopefully they bring him back though. He has a ton of talent that needs to be coached well, and Crennel can probably make him a great player.

Dj is a very good player hopefuly we can keep him in KC. He defently ended the season on a high note.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    I would like to re sign DJ, but I honestly think he got more out of him as a rotational player than we ever did as a starter. Regardless of how athletic he is, this guys misses waaaay too many tackles to be starting. Even in his great Denver game, he must have missed a good 4-5 tackles. :( Plus, Haley has a man crush on Demarrio Williams...either way were going to need all the LBs we can get
    Who cares if he missed tackles. I only care if he misses tackles. We pretty much wrapped up Crennel and this defense is going to be upgraded.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Interesting quote from Haley about Albert:
    “He’s a core guy in some fashion for us,” Haley said. “He’s a guy that developed as the year went on and made great progress with his overall conditioning, and that needs to continue."
    That could be interpreted as him saying that Albert might be moved around. Then again, I could be reading way too much into one sentence.

Who cares if he misses tackles? Obviously haley, thats only one of the many reasons he was bumped down to 3rd and 2nd string. DJ has ben in the NFL for 5 seasons and he still misses just as many tackles as he makes. I think theguy is an athletic freak of a LB, but the bottom line is he still cant wrap anyone up. Just caue we drafted him in the first round, doesnt mean he is guaranteed to be anything. He is a rotationl player, not a starter, and im sure Romeo knows this already

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Who cares if he missed tackles. I only care if he misses tackles. We pretty much wrapped up Crennel and this defense is going to be upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I was reading this article about players that should be here next year, and DJ was on the list. As long as we can resign him, he could potentially a starter again.

I think Haley is starting to figure things out.

Chiefs coach Haley has some surprises on his list of core players - KansasCity.com

You mean we will force him to resign???

I would prefer that we get him to re-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You mean we will force him to resign???

I would prefer that we get him to re-sign.
    I agree it rarely works out when a player is not happy with the team that he is with. If we resign him then He HAS to want to sign with the chiefs. Keeping him in KC when he wants to move on would do neither side any good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast