Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Romeo Update

Default romeo is coming baby hell yea

Adam_Schefter

It's likely to be a New England reunion: Now that Charlie Weis has agreed to work in Kansas City, Romeo Crennel will not be far behind.

Ralph Vacchiano Reports

Romeo Crennel put the Giants on hold today as he attempts to work out details on a deal with the Kansas City Chiefs. And that could leave the Giants with only one remaining option: Convincing Perry Fewell to say “No” to the Chicago Bears.
    Crennel is “giving K.C. the first shot,” his agent, Joe Linta, said this afternoon. The Chiefs were always the 62-year-old defensive whiz’s first choice, and he told the Giants that when they contacted him on vacation last week. He told them again last night before he officially started negotiating a contract to become the Chiefs’ next defensive coordinator.
    There were two reasons for that, according to a source familiar with his thinking. One was because of his long-time relationship with Chiefs GM (and former Patriots GM) Scott Pioli. And the other was because of the demanding nature of Tom Coughlin and the long hours he requires of all his assistant coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Posted by: Patrick Allen
    Earlier today we told you there was a report that Romeo Crennel chose KC over the Giants. Since ESPN’s Adam Shefter reported a couple of weeks ago that Crennel would head to KC I decided to Tweet him to see if he had heard anything new today. Obviously, others had the same idea, as you can see from his latest Tweet below.

<B>
    Adam_Schefter
    </B>

Lots of tweets on Romeo Crennel to Chiefs — not done yet, but will be. Crennel will wind up on Kansas City’s defensive staff in 2010.

I trust Shefter more than just about anyone else on these matters. If he says it is all but a done deal you can probably take it to the bank. What do you think Addicts? Is Crennel to the Chiefs inevitable?
    Update: We first told you about the Crennel to KC rumor heating up earlier today when Vinny DiTrani of NorthJersey.com reported that Crennel had chosen KC over the NY Giants. In the same report, DiTrani also mentioned that another NFL team would be firing their Defensive Coordinator later today.
    Well, according to Adam Shefter, the Miami Dolphins have just fired Paul Pasqualoni. It sounds like Vinny DiTrani’s source was right. It is looking more and more like there is plenty of truth to the rumors.

I too have seen Schefter be right, over and over again. Not that I quite take his predictions as fact. But I do take them with a much higher regard than anyone elses predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If true that is great news. This offseason has already been better then many past offseasons.

Agreed, in full.

This would be the first offseason that has had me excited about our team's potential since 2005.

This is the latest report that I could find on NFL.com...

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Crennel in negotiations with Chiefs, but no deal yet «

Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com's Jason La Canfora
    Former Browns coach Romeo Crennel is in discussions with the Chiefs about becoming their defensive coordinator, but the sides have no deal in place at this point, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
    Crennel, who spent 2009 outside of the NFL, is interested in the position, and signs point toward a deal. But several issues are still being worked out, and there are no guarantees a deal will be struck.
    Other teams, including the Giants, also have interest in Crennel.

Canada's post! hahahaha

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Combined all of the Romeo threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Combined all of the Romeo threads.
    You're going to have a little more work to do after I make 3 more!

Thanks Aussie!

Kansas City Star reports that Romeo Crennels agent said they were waiting on the Chiefs. When asked if Romeo would take the job if offered? His reply was I suppose so. Then reminded us that there were 4 other teams waiting on him. Im sure he is asking for a bundle of money. Im guessing that is the hold up. They are trying to decide if they can afford to pay him. My thought, can we afford not too.