Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haley shows interest in DJ next year.

Default Haley shows interest in DJ next year.

I was reading this article about players that should be here next year, and DJ was on the list. As long as we can resign him, he could potentially a starter again.

I think Haley is starting to figure things out.

Chiefs coach Haley has some surprises on his list of core players - KansasCity.com
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree it rarely works out when a player is not happy with the team that he is with. If we resign him then He HAS to want to sign with the chiefs. Keeping him in KC when he wants to move on would do neither side any good.
    I agree, but I think you missed my tongue in cheek joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree, but I think you missed my tongue in cheek joke.
    I didn't, I would have though it funny, but I have been resigned by force before, and that was not, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I didn't, I would have though it funny, but I have been resigned by force before, and that was not, fun.

I hear ya!

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    Who cares if he misses tackles? Obviously haley, thats only one of the many reasons he was bumped down to 3rd and 2nd string. DJ has ben in the NFL for 5 seasons and he still misses just as many tackles as he makes. I think theguy is an athletic freak of a LB, but the bottom line is he still cant wrap anyone up. Just caue we drafted him in the first round, doesnt mean he is guaranteed to be anything. He is a rotationl player, not a starter, and im sure Romeo knows this already
    No, were talking about the future. Not the past. I don't care that DJ "Missed" tackles, whats done is done, as long as he can tackle next year.

No one on this team can seem to wrap up anyways, its not fair to single out on player, cause its all of them. The reason DJ was benched is because he was in Haleys dog house.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    No, were talking about the future. Not the past. I don't care that DJ "Missed" tackles, whats done is done, as long as he can tackle next year.

No one on this team can seem to wrap up anyways, its not fair to single out on player, cause its all of them. The reason DJ was benched is because he was in Haleys dog house.
    And he's in Haley's dog house becouse he is continuely out of position. If you didn't do your job the way your boss wanted you to, I bet you'd be in his dog house.

how many years are you going to settle for this? This is his 5th year in the league. If you cant tackle by now, its probably not the coaches. At this rate were going to be playing this "next year" game with him until he retires...Sorry. I can only hope DJ will blow up so many seasons. Williams was a far more consistent LB this season than DJ was, and thats saying alot. And the reason DJ was in Haley's doghouse is because he had poor workout efforts, took plays off in practice, and was a lazy practice player...Call me crazy but I expect more out of our LBs, and im glad our coaching staff does too. Its a shame so many of us had learned to settle for mediocrity the last several years...I think that will all be over soon in KC

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    how many years are you going to settle for this? This is his 5th year in the league. If you cant tackle by now, its probably not the coaches. At this rate were going to be playing this "next year" game with him until he retires...Sorry. I can only hope DJ will blow up so many seasons. Williams was a far more consistent LB this season than DJ was, and thats saying alot. And the reason DJ was in Haley's doghouse is because he had poor workout efforts, took plays off in practice, and was a lazy practice player...Call me crazy but I expect more out of our LBs, and im glad our coaching staff does too. Its a shame so many of us had learned to settle for mediocrity the last several years...I think that will all be over soon in KC
    I am not settleing for anything. EVERYONE was missing tackles. Now times are changing, I don't care about the past, all I care about is the future.

I am lazy when there isn't much work to be done, but come time to work and I bust ***. For the most part, DJ busted *** on the field. 3 picks, 2 for TDs. Flowers had 5. Tells me DJ should have been on the field just a little bit more.

You know what pisses me off. Everyone was complaining about how DJ wasn't playing, and they all complained about Haleys antics. Now, every one is complaining about Derrick not working hard. People need to get their stories straight.

i dont think you understood a word I said. I was explaining to you why DJ was in the doghouse. I would rather have a LB that is not always blowing coverage, or out of position than an overhyped, super athletic LB. You can be lazy because your not getting paid millions to play football. DJ was slumming around in practice and all through out the preseason and your okay with that? Did you not read the reports out of camp this pre season? Im not giving our other LBs a free pass, because frankly nobody on our team is that good of a tackler, but the topic was about DJ. It sounds like your the one giving DJ a free pass because you think everyone else is doing what DJ does wrong. DJ = rotational player, and he played better in that role. I think he learned something this season, and hopefully he can bring some better work ethic to the table for whoever he plays for next season, even if it is us. But unless he has really improved, I think he is nothing more than another liability on defense.

I am not settleing for anything. EVERYONE was missing tackles. Now times are changing, I don't care about the past, all I care about is the future.

I am lazy when there isn't much work to be done, but come time to work and I bust ***. For the most part, DJ busted *** on the field. 3 picks, 2 for TDs. Flowers had 5. Tells me DJ should have been on the field just a little bit more.

You know what pisses me off. Everyone was complaining about how DJ wasn't playing, and they all complained about Haleys antics. Now, every one is complaining about Derrick not working hard. People need to get their stories straight.

not trying to come off as an ***...just want us to have the best possible players :|

People don't understand how important consistency is.

DJ has talent, and that's great. He can make huge plays. he is far more talented than Demorrio Williams. So why would a coach prefer Williams as the starter? Consistency.

let's say demorrio lacks the s speed required to make a TFL on a misdirection handoff when he bites on the line movement. DJ can get that play, but Demorrio can't.

Okay, so 8 times out of 10 DJ is there to make the stop for a big loss.

10 times out of 10 Demorrio is there to make the stop, but after a short gain.

You would want to go with DJ, right?

Not necessarily.

If the safety has seen DJ be in position 8 times, then the ninth, he bites on the line, because he knows DJ is in position for the stop. Well, guess what? this is the NINTH time, and DJ is out of position. Welcom to a 60 yard run. thanks, DJ.

now Demorrio has been in position 8 times out of ten. Well, he might not have the speed to make the play, but by being in position, the safety knows exactly where to play. He knows that Demorrio will always lock down this section of the field. Even though it is a smaller area than what DJ can cover, it is consistent, so the safety can adjust and always be in the right position.

That is just one example, and probably a poor one technically, but in theory it might help to explain why consistency is more highly regarded than potential.
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 01-13-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast