Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clancy is Gone?

Default Clancy is Gone?

Found this at the end of the update on Romeo.

610 Sports - Homepage

Or really get out there and evaluate talent.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Haley hired Clancy and retained Gailey which was fired during the season. Now Clancy is gone.

Also, I called out that JC should be the starting RB and that proved to be the right call.

On top of that, I was never a Bowe fan and proclaimed such. Seems as if his season was a bit of a blunder as well.

In addition, Cassell never tripped my trigger either. Of course he did have better receivers and O-LIne in NE.

We did not address our offensive woes which were OL and WR.

Props to JC for his season!

Starting to wonder about our head honchos a little.
    oh wow how impressive. What are you even talking about? these are almost unrelated statements.

Good for you sir. I think you should be our new HC

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Haley hired Clancy and retained Gailey which was fired during the season. Now Clancy is gone.

Also, I called out that JC should be the starting RB and that proved to be the right call.

On top of that, I was never a Bowe fan and proclaimed such. Seems as if his season was a bit of a blunder as well.

In addition, Cassell never tripped my trigger either. Of course he did have better receivers and O-LIne in NE.

We did not address our offensive woes which were OL and WR.

Props to JC for his season!

Starting to wonder about our head honchos a little.

Now, this may be true. Clancy said his job with the Chiefs was safe, but he never said as DC... He may have been fired as the DC, but still retains a role on the staff.... I still believe Clancy was a stop gap DC even through the entire year waiting for Crennel since the Chiefs fought hard to have Crennel last year. I think Clancy knew that, and is okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Now, this may be true. Clancy said his job with the Chiefs was safe, but he never said as DC... He may have been fired as the DC, but still retains a role on the staff.... I still believe Clancy was a stop gap DC even through the entire year waiting for Crennel since the Chiefs fought hard to have Crennel last year. I think Clancy knew that, and is okay with it.
    I'm guessing DB coach. I'm OK with him staying as a position coach. That's nice of him to accept a demotion.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'm guessing DB coach. I'm OK with him staying as a position coach. That's nice of him to accept a demotion.
    From Rotoworld.com:

"Coach Todd Haley expects last year's defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast to remain with the team, likely as defensive backs coach.
    It's quite a demotion for Pendergast, who may explore other opportunities before accepting Haley's offer. The Falcons have been mentioned as a potential landing spot for Pendergast, also as defensive backs coach."

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I do not think it is a demotion so to speak, after listening to the press conference, I think this was a done deal last year, and Clancy knew that he was just filling in for the season. I am reading between the lines here, I know, but that is what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I do not think it is a demotion so to speak, after listening to the press conference, I think this was a done deal last year, and Clancy knew that he was just filling in for the season. I am reading between the lines here, I know, but that is what I think.
    I agree. The Chiefs tried to get Crennel last year but couldn't because of hip surgery. Haley has said many of times to the press that he felt like it would be a yr process to get his coaching staff in place. I think there was a gentleman's agreement. It wasn't like Clancy came to KC with a phenomenal resume as a DC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12