Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clancy is Gone?

Default Clancy is Gone?

Found this at the end of the update on Romeo.

610 Sports - Homepage

Here is the text of the update:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) Former Cleveland Browns coach Romeo Crennel has spoken to the New York Giants by telephone about their vacant defensive coordinator's job but is giving the Kansas City Chiefs the first shot at hiring him. Crennel's agent, Joe Linta, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Tuesday that Crennel is focused on becoming the Chiefs' defensive coordinator. Chiefs coach Todd Haley fired Clancy Pendergast after the regular season ended.

What? That's not correct. Pendergast hasnt been fired yet.

I believe that is bad information so far as it hasn't been made public yet.

But on Sirius NFL radio today, Todd Haley made no secrets about this interest in Romeo Crennel. So I wouldn't be surprised if Todd has told Clancy that he wouldn't be retained as the DC, but there could be other opportunities on the team for him.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    What? That's not correct. Pendergast hasnt been fired yet.
    Thats what I though...

Haley hired Clancy and retained Gailey which was fired during the season. Now Clancy is gone.

Also, I called out that JC should be the starting RB and that proved to be the right call.

On top of that, I was never a Bowe fan and proclaimed such. Seems as if his season was a bit of a blunder as well.

In addition, Cassell never tripped my trigger either. Of course he did have better receivers and O-LIne in NE.

We did not address our offensive woes which were OL and WR.

Props to JC for his season!

Starting to wonder about our head honchos a little.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Haley hired Clancy and retained Gailey which was fired during the season. Now Clancy is gone.

Also, I called out that JC should be the starting RB and that proved to be the right call.

On top of that, I was never a Bowe fan and proclaimed such. Seems as if his season was a bit of a blunder as well.

In addition, Cassell never tripped my trigger either. Of course he did have better receivers and O-LIne in NE.

We did not address our offensive woes which were OL and WR.

Props to JC for his season!

Starting to wonder about our head honchos a little.
    I have always thought that starting LJ at the start of the season was the right thing for haley to do. I will say again that he could only go by what he saw. In the preseason Charles could not hold on to the ball. It worked out well and Charles had a great season. But i am sure he benifited from time to work on that fumble problem.

We did not address o line or wr? we made a trade with Miami to address the O line as I recall and we signed probley more WRS then any team in the NFL. We simply have not had enough time with the new managment to address all the issues that this team has. Give time for them to work all these issues out.

Adam_Schefter: In addition to hiring defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, the Chiefs terminated the contract of the coach he'll replace, Clancy Pendergast.

You having such a good memory, you should remember that Coach Haley tried to hire Crennel Last year

Coach Haley was hired so lat in the season he didnt get a chance to build his staff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast