Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appreciating and grateful for Chiefs Crowd!

Default Appreciating and grateful for Chiefs Crowd!

I just want y'all to know...that Chiefs Crowd has become a part of life I thoroughly enjoy and am very grateful for.

When life get's to be a bit of a downer...I always know I can come here and lift my spirits talking Chiefs with fellow fans, crack a few smiles, and even laugh out loud...regardless.

The last few day's have been sad for me. My 4 yr old dog Lily I've had since she was an 8 wk old pup. Two yrs ago she was diagnosed with an incurable & progressive seizure disorder, random occurring seizures. She lived a happy full life overall, was only not herself during a seizure, which lasted a few minutes.

She had become worse over the last two months, suffering from daily multiple seizures. She went to the Vet last Friday, and the Vet told us this morning that the time has come to let her go.

My Lily went to Heaven today. :(

Sad & down, I came to my PC...knowing I could come here, take my mind away from sad thoughts, feeling lonely and blue...and smile with reading posts, interacting, etc..

Thank you to Coach, Chiefster, all the mod's...and any others who contribute with providing the best of the best Chiefs fans with this website. Thanks to all the members who make it what it is...the most fun, informative, and interesting Chiefs site on the net with such a variety of great personalities and Chiefs friends.

Now...the good news is my 4 yr old Black Lab, Dakota...whom I rescued from the local shelter 2 yrs ago...is now able to sleep in my bed, hahaha. I wouldn't let him before, because with Lily's seizure disorder she couldn't sleep with me...and it wasn't fair to let one without the other, so they slept together in the other bedroom near mine.

Dakota has been very happy to snuggle up in my bed since last Friday, and it's comforting having him at the foot of my bed each night.

There is always positive in negative...if one is willing to look for it and see it. :)
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-11-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: typo

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I know what you are going through I have had to put down 4 dogs in my life and it is very depressing. After the last one about 5 years ago that we had for 15 years my wife and I said no more that lasted about a year and we rescued a wonderful 5 years old poodle he is the best dog we have ever had I know it will not be long before he is gone but he sure loves me now.
    On a better note it looks like the Chiefs are all ready making some good moves with more to come hopefully.

Sorry to hear that. I soon fear my dog will soon pass. She has hip problems just like our Dalmatian did a few years ago. She was unable to walk after a few months, and now my dog is suffering from the same condition.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well You know I love ya Connie and you have my cell anytime you need to talk ! God bless you !

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Well You know I love ya Connie and you have my cell anytime you need to talk ! God bless you !
    Thanks YZILLA! I love ya back!! I'm one to call friends on happier notes, haha...not one to call when down & bring others down, haha.

I'm especially grateful to you for inviting me to my first ever tailgating experience at Arrowhead!! A Chiefs fan of 41 yrs never experiencing tailgating is just WRONG!! lol
    As well, Canada & you both for including me from that point forward. I'm addicted to tailgating now! hahaha

I always had an inner desire to tailgate, but had no Chiefs friends willing, and the 'X' never seemed interested in getting to Arrowhead early enough when we attended games together.

I sure have tailgating friends now! Thanks to Chiefs Crowd again!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Sorry to here about that Connie, pets are family. Love ya.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I know what you are going through I have had to put down 4 dogs in my life and it is very depressing. After the last one about 5 years ago that we had for 15 years my wife and I said no more that lasted about a year and we rescued a wonderful 5 years old poodle he is the best dog we have ever had I know it will not be long before he is gone but he sure loves me now.
    On a better note it looks like the Chiefs are all ready making some good moves with more to come hopefully.
    Yeah...with my loving dogs all my life, and now being 53...I've had to put down 3, others passed on naturally.
    Lily was especially hard, since I became very close to her with caring for her so much as a result of her seizure disorder. Her personality was one of superior intelligence, which they tell me likely was related to her brain's seizure disorder.

She and I played football! She loved it! She was the running back, I was the tackle chasing her, hahaha. She had her own child size regulation football, haha.

I typically adopt from the shelter, 3 dogs at a time is my limit. However, I did buy Lily from a credible breeder. Lily was a Springer Spaniel, my favorite breed related to personality. She was my 3rd Springer in life, will be my last. I've learned much about seizure disorders, and now realize that 1 in 4 purebreds do suffer from seizure disorders, due to our environmental changes, and perfecting breeds lowering their natural immune systems.

I'll stick with my adopted mutts, or if by chance a purebred at the shelter interests me...will know it has no health issues, such as my Black Lab adopted two yrs ago. He was declared 'urgent'...he'd been there too long, and they were gonna put him down if no one adopted him. He's such a good & loveable dog! Can't imagine why no one wanted him!

They say mutts all around have fewer health issues than purebreds.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Sorry to here about that Connie, pets are family. Love ya.
    Love ya back! Next season...Arrowhead tailgating...you'll be there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I soon fear my dog will soon pass. She has hip problems just like our Dalmatian did a few years ago. She was unable to walk after a few months, and now my dog is suffering from the same condition.
    My 2nd Springer developed arthritis in her hips as she aged. I use to have to help her in & out of the house to go potty in her later years.

My vet told me that some breed's of dogs are more prone to arthritis than others...Dalmations I think are one of them. Although, my first dog as an adult was a Shep & Husky mix, and he suffered from hip issues too in his later years.

Sometimes I tell myself 'no more'...it hurts to much to say goodbye. However, my dogs are family members, and they bring so much joy & companionship to my life. I remind myself of the Garth Brooks hit song from years ago..."I could've missed the pain, but then I would've missed the dance."

The dance is worth the pain when it comes to having dogs in my life. :)

Sorry to hear about Lily. Glad that you are not left alone. A couple of months back I lost my only dog. It is heartbreaking. I do have a new dog now that came from a family moving from the country into town.
    Glad to hear that you are dealing well and hope you get through this time stronger than ever.
    God bless you, Lily, Dakota, and the rest of your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast