Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the mighty wallet opening up?

Default Is the mighty wallet opening up?

So with the signings of two enormous coordinators in Weis and Crennel, is Clark Hunt finally opening up his wallet this off season?

I know that these two did not come cheap, as they have a resume practically better than any and all other coordinators in the business. Maybe this will spill over to free agency, and we will be able to attract top talent, and actually offer them enough $$$ to make it worth their while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    im not as concerned with bringing in big named players..they got that way through good coaching and coordinators!! We have those in place now lets make our own big named players..
    I agree we need to devolpe our own talent. That will make us good for a good while. Look at the team we seem to be trying to be.The Pats outside of randy moss didnt bring in big names they made there own players the big names. If anything the names left them.

If there is a big name talent that we do sign thats great for excitement during the offseason. But its no promise that that player will be great with the Chiefs.

Its defently an exciting time to be a Chief fan. The last couple of weeks have been good. Hopefuly the offseason leads to maybe a playoff game or to next season. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Yea I am exicited like I havent been in meny years as a Chiefs fan. My brother inlaw is a Charger fan and he isnt talking, that means he knows that its coming to a halt for him soon and we are on the way up,up,up...

Yea I am exicited like I havent been in meny years as a Chiefs fan. My brother inlaw is a Charger fan and he isnt talking, that means he knows that its coming to a halt for him soon and we are on the way up,up,up...
    Yes, I know a couple Broncos and Raiders fans, and stupidly, they are already to give in and claim that KC and SD will be at the top of the division.

My question to them is, what kind of fan admits defeat for the upcoming years when the other team hires a couple great coordinators?

The Chargers window to get a superbowl will close this year or next. They have to get the job done now or they wont with there current core group of players. The chiefs are comeing and they are comeing fast.

im not as concerned with bringing in big named players..they got that way through good coaching and coordinators!! We have those in place now lets make our own big named players..
    Agreed. I think many wil be surprised by how much better our defensive players suddenly get now that we have Romeo. Kind of like what happened in Denver this year.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The Chargers window to get a superbowl will close this year or next. They have to get the job done now or they wont with there current core group of players. The chiefs are comeing and they are comeing fast.
    I would not be surprised at all if the Chargers won the superbowl this year. This is the first year in the last few that they are heading into the playoffs comnpletely healthy. A healthy Rivers and LT could mean trouble for everyone. I would say that they would be my AFC pick for the superbowl. Although all 4 teams left have a legitimate chance IMO.

I say piss on rivers he deserves crap, id rather see the raiders or the donks win then rivers I hate him almost as much as I hate Merriman..

I say piss on rivers he deserves crap, id rather see the raiders or the donks win then rivers I hate him almost as much as I hate Merriman..
    I would rather see rivers get to a superbowl and fail miserbaly. That would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Is the mighty wallet opening up?
    Well, it better; Clarkie has sunk a butt load of capital in the renovation of the stadium, and from the looks of recent home game attendance he is no where near filling that stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Agreed. I think many wil be surprised by how much better our defensive players suddenly get now that we have Romeo. Kind of like what happened in Denver this year.

I would not be surprised at all if the Chargers won the superbowl this year. This is the first year in the last few that they are heading into the playoffs comnpletely healthy. A healthy Rivers and LT could mean trouble for everyone. I would say that they would be my AFC pick for the superbowl. Although all 4 teams left have a legitimate chance IMO.
    Jamal Williams being out for the year is killing their run defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Yes, I know a couple Broncos and Raiders fans, and stupidly, they are already to give in and claim that KC and SD will be at the top of the division.

My question to them is, what kind of fan admits defeat for the upcoming years when the other team hires a couple great coordinators?
    My first thought...WOW!...there ARE some intelligent Bronco's and Raider's fan's out there after all!

~I've been craving BBQ ever since reading this thread the first time!~

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123