Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Helmet

Default Chiefs Helmet

Cool story about a fan who wanted to change the Chiefs helmet. Thought I would share it with you guys.

Uni Watch -- Todd Asselin is an ordinary Kansas City Chiefs fan who ended up with a story of a lifetime - ESPN

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I like the helmets, but the uni's could use a refresh.
    I agree, it would be cool to see updated unis.

I don't necessarily hate it, but I certainly don't like it! I love the Arrowhead logo...it represents the American Native/Indian theme, and the honorable title of Arrowhead Stadium!

I remember one year in the 90's, they thought about changing the color from a true red to that of a dark red like that of the 49'ers, and Skins. Marty and staff wore the darker red polo's & such on the sidelines that year...and some of the Chiefs attire sold retail was the dark red as well.

It upset me enough that I sent a letter to Arrowhead management stating as a fan I was against changing the color. Red is my favorite color anyway, and our Chiefs red is by far the best and most notable team color in the NFL! We stand out with our red and Arrowhead logo on the helmet!

"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

I don't like many of the teams contemporary logo designs, prefer the more vintage or nostaligic designs. Our Arrowhead logo is timeless and it doesn't need updated...EVER!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I don't necessarily hate it, but I certainly don't like it! I love the Arrowhead logo...it represents the American Native/Indian theme, and the honorable title of Arrowhead Stadium!

I remember one year in the 90's, they thought about changing the color from a true red to that of a dark red like that of the 49'ers, and Skins. Marty and staff wore the darker red polo's & such on the sidelines that year...and some of the Chiefs attire sold retail was the dark red as well.

It upset me enough that I sent a letter to Arrowhead management stating as a fan I was against changing the color. Red is my favorite color anyway, and our Chiefs red is by far the best and most notable team color in the NFL! We stand out with our red and Arrowhead logo on the helmet!

"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

I don't like many of the teams contemporary logo designs, prefer the more vintage or nostaligic designs. Our Arrowhead logo is timeless and it doesn't need updated...EVER!
    Agreed

Resident Celebrity

KC red and the chiefs arrowhead logo are the classiest in all of football. I would be heartbroken if the color or the logo was significantly altered.

One change that I think would be really cool is if we would switch it up so that for home games we wore red pants/red jerseys. I think the solid red on red would be awesome. The ravens do it occasionally with their black on black and it looks sharp.

Didnt we have this conversation last year? I mean the ones about changing unis? Im sure someone could dig it up.. :P

As for the helmet, it looks HORRIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy909 View Post
    KC red and the chiefs arrowhead logo are the classiest in all of football. I would be heartbroken if the color or the logo was significantly altered.

One change that I think would be really cool is if we would switch it up so that for home games we wore red pants/red jerseys. I think the solid red on red would be awesome. The ravens do it occasionally with their black on black and it looks sharp.

Absolutely agree with everything!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

There is something called alternative uniforms and/or helmets. I wouldn't mind seeing them wearing that helmet a few times a year (but they must make it look professional and modern with a few changes). It makes them look like Chiefs rather than some arrowhead on the side (which I do like very much btw).

Oh heck no. Not red on red. I have seen that in video games and they look ugly. It just doesn't work.
    Last edited by kilobytes; 01-16-2010 at 03:24 PM.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    There is something called alternative uniforms and/or helmets. I wouldn't mind seeing them wearing that helmet a few times a year (but they must make it look professional and modern with a few changes). It makes them look like Chiefs rather than some arrowhead on the side (which I do like very much btw).

Oh heck no. Not red on red. I have seen that in video games and they look ugly. It just doesn't work.
    We just love RED!! hahaha

Seriously, red is a very powerful color, one of those color's of which more often than not...less is more, so from a designing asthetic point of view...I agree with you...red on red would be too much. :)

That's one of the most hideous, offensive designs ever. Nothing wrong with the helmets as is

The headdress would be cool if we were named after Indian chiefs and not the Mayor of KC.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast