View Poll Results: How happy are you with Scott Pioli after 1 season?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrilled

20 30.77%
  • Happy

24 36.92%
  • Neutral

16 24.62%
  • Disappointed

5 7.69%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

Default Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    Last edited by Coach; 01-14-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    I'm with you! Thrilled overall, and believe for the first time in a very long time...our Chiefs are on a positive road towards the playoffs and hopefully sooner rather than later, a Super Bowl!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm with you! Thrilled overall, and believe for the first time in a very long time...our Chiefs are on a positive road towards the playoffs and hopefully sooner rather than later, a Super Bowl!
    Chiefs in the SB! Best thing that could ever happen!

I said Happy. Pluses new coaches, bringing in new players all year, the players playing 60 minutes and never quitting on the field and moving in a positive direction. Negetives the big one is the record and the play of the defense.

I think some people had too high of expectations.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I voted disappointed, But only because, my expectations are always high! I fully expected to have more wins this year than we had. Yes rebuilding takes time, but then again I am tired of rebuilding!
    That said, I am going to give a break to Clark, Scott, and Todd, for this last season of pain. With the new changes, I will give them room for improvement, like 10 wins more or less. give or take, AFC West champs, plus more.
    Then I might become happy! Until then, I will still be watching, and will always LOVE MY CHIEFS, and waiting for the GAME!
    The only time you're happy is when someone spikes your gerital.

I voted happy, but I guess neutral probably would have been better. On the one hand, I'm really excited about the great coaching staff that has been assembled thanks to Pioli and Haley's history with these guys. But on the other hand, I still hate the '09 draft and we didn't land a single impact free agent in the offseason despite having a ton of cap space. Chambers was a great mid-season pickup though. So I'm somewhere in the middle, but with a pretty positive outlook on the future.

I am happy with the moves made so far but I wouldn't go so far as to say thrilled. The team was in very bad shape and still is to be honest. If they get to the playoffs next season after the addition of Weis and Crennel I will change the vote to thrilled.
    To honda22:I would not say that Haley is 100% responsible for bringing those 2 coaches in as Pioli was also in New England while they were and Haley was not. They did spend time together under Parcells. I would say it is a shared value.
    Last edited by endzonewillie; 01-15-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think some people had too high of expectations.
    That happens quite often. Some people think the addition of one or two componants can change a team from total losers to champions and when a team has been ripped apart like this team was it takes time to rebuild.
    Chiefs Nation

I can't be thrilled until we find out how his 1st draft turns out. TJ finished the year with 38 tackles, a huge improvement over the 5 he had midway through the year. McGee has to get a lot stronger against the run. Washinton, who knows. Same with Brown. The RB Williams, well he didn't look to promising. We did get Succoup and Belcher, so not all is lost.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast