View Poll Results: How happy are you with Scott Pioli after 1 season?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrilled

20 30.77%
  • Happy

24 36.92%
  • Neutral

16 24.62%
  • Disappointed

5 7.69%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

Default Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    Last edited by Coach; 01-14-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Chiefs in the SB! Best thing that could ever happen!
    No, the Chiefs winning the SuperBowl is the best thing that could happen.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I can't believe some people are still disappointed. What else can the gu do? I guess some people are just never satisfied, but if hiring Weis and Crennel don't get you excited then you should start watching golf or tennis.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I'm pleasantly surprised that so many Chief's fans were thrilled after a 4 win season. Less than a 3rd so far have voted Neutral or disappointed.

I really hope we turn it around next year.

I voted nuetral. If you count what shappened since the end of the regular season thats a start, but overall we where not any better than last year with Herm at the helm, performance wise througout the season.

I base my opinion on this by the 8 games we lost by 7 points or less last year, and we really didnt have that many close games this year even though we won more games.

Also, I am not the slightest bit sold on Cassel, so the 60 million dollar contract looks pretty foolish to me until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I voted nuetral. If you count what shappened since the end of the regular season thats a start, but overall we where not any better than last year with Herm at the helm, performance wise througout the season.

I base my opinion on this by the 8 games we lost by 7 points or less last year, and we really didnt have that many close games this year even though we won more games.

Also, I am not the slightest bit sold on Cassel, so the 60 million dollar contract looks pretty foolish to me until proven otherwise.
    I think at the end of the season we were much better then we were a year ago. We should have won our last 3 games of the season. Droped passes killed us. At the end of last season this team was going backwards. Getting not only beat but KILLED by the Bills. And the last game against the Bengals last year was a joke. This team looked to be takeing steps forward at the end of the year so i am thrilled with what I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    The only time you're happy is when someone spikes your gerital.
    If I get spiked in the geritals I'm pissed.
    Chiefs in 2011

One factor you have to consider with Pioli and Haley is this will be their first full off season. This may have played a factor in drafting and FA acquisitions. Pioli was scrambling to find a good coach and then the search for assistants-and then scout players etc.

I'm also kind of disappointed in the draft. As far sa Pioli's "first year" you have to be atleast positive, b/c he's working and making changes to improve this team. You coudnt be more happy with the coord. hirings.

Lets go Chiefs I look forward to a focused complete off season for this group

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think some people had too high of expectations.
    I haven't had high expectations since the 2005 season. I agree with you though, I think many did have too high of expectations for Pioli & Haley's first year. This, 2010... is the first season in 5 yrs I'll be entering with high expectations.

In reality, it's more a feeling of high hopes for me, rather than expectations. I tend to be more of a hopeful person than an expecting one, haha.

I get the feeling that there's been more re-building done in the last year than we may be aware of, or our eye has seen.

I'll enter the 2010 season with high hopes of making the playoffs...I figure it's been since 2005 I've felt that way, and it feels GREAT to have that feeling of excitement again, so I'm gonna enjoy it while I can, haha.

If we don't make the playoffs in 2010, oh well...at least I had the experience of knowing what it felt like again to be excited with hopes of playoffs months before being let down, haha.

GO CHIEFS!! AFC WEST DIVISION CHAMPS 2010!!
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-15-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: addition

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I'm okay with the way the season has gone under Mr Pioli's direction thus far. I was one of those who had unrealistic goals I suppose, but I always do with the Chiefs.

I remain disappointed we couldn't get through our tough 6 game opening stretch and we didn't have a better W-L record as a result of this. But I also knew this season was part of an evaluation process which we remain a part of.

And in hindsight looking at the Broncos in particular, I think our plight this season looks far better than the developmental path in which they have taken. Every reason to be optimistic once more for this upcoming season. Definitely more so than last.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    The only time you're happy is when someone spikes your gerital.
    That never happens, Chiefster has cornered the market on little blue pills.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast