View Poll Results: How happy are you with Scott Pioli after 1 season?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrilled

20 30.77%
  • Happy

24 36.92%
  • Neutral

16 24.62%
  • Disappointed

5 7.69%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

Default Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    Last edited by Coach; 01-14-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    In our case, we have to look beyond the Chiefs organization to see what works and doesn't work. Pioli will help change our perspective....I hope. I'm so glad Peterson is gone.
    Ditto! I'm glad Peterson is gone too, he should've been let go sooner, but I'm not that familiar with his contract term & conditions, maybe they couldn't fire him sooner.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Darren Sharper
    Deuce McCallister
    Chris McCalister
    That is why people are disappointed in Pioli? Deuce doesnt even have knees left. Did u really think Darren Sharper was gonna leave the Saints?

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    uh.. hi, we where the 5th worst team again this year.

Just becuase we have been mired in mediocrity for the past few years, doesnt mean a tiny iota of a less mediocre season should be anything but critiqued as such.

Plus, look at the poll, we have more people living in a fantasy world than we do folks who are grounded and view the team with an open mind.

Being excited about some of the moves we are making is living in a fantasy land? did it occur to anyone that this seasson was used to evaluate the talent that we have? I hear you complain that we are mired in mediocrity...but we should have hired some half as$ed FA's and gotten 6 wins....and remained mired in mediocrity. I guess I am just surprised that anyone who has said they are happy or thrilled would be considered to be living in a fantasy land when we just land Crennel and Weis. But I've heard it all before...rose colored glasses....homer.....fantasy land. Maybe the ones who are disappointed are the ones who don't know what they are talking about. Just because someone complains about things, does not mean they know what they are talking about!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    That is why people are disappointed in Pioli? Deuce doesnt even have knees left. Did u really think Darren Sharper was gonna leave the Saints?

Being excited about some of the moves we are making is living in a fantasy land? did it occur to anyone that this seasson was used to evaluate the talent that we have? I hear you complain that we are mired in mediocrity...but we should have hired some half as FA's and gotten 6 wins....and remained mired in mediocrity. I guess I am just surprised that anyone who has said they are happy or thrilled would be considered to be living in a fantasy land when we just land Crennel and Weis. But I've heard it all before...rose colored glasses....homer.....fantasy land. Maybe the ones who are disappointed are the ones who don't know what they are talking about. Just because someone complains about things, does not mean they know what they are talking about!!
    I will step up and defend my position! Hiring Crennel and Wies is great news, but that evaluation comes next season. This poll is on Pioli's first year. I am not happy with the last season, so I am disappointed! Why does this have reference to GM? He allowed a Rookie Head Coach be, OC, WRC, and ect. He okayed the release of Chan. Yes they may be reasons for all of that, and it looks like a winning staff is coming togather, but time will tell. Now does this mean I am upset, or do not like Piolie? Not at all, it just means I am disappointed in his first year. I am true to my team, THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!! and I always expect the best from them.

So there, I have spoken! So put it in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    In our case, we have to look beyond the Chiefs organization to see what works and doesn't work. Pioli will help change our perspective....I hope. I'm so glad Peterson is gone.
    Where you been young lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    See, my memory could be wrong, but I'm not convinced on building a team through the draft. With a few exceptions of course, such as DT...in my memory it seems many players we draft are cut or traded within a couple years after drafting. Granted this was under the Peterson era, but still how I remember it, which leaves me with not much faith in the draft as far as building a team.
    I think you are going to see the same thing this year. I have this horrible feeling that even more of Herm's picks are going to be let go. Brodie Croyle, Dewayne Bowe, maybe even Jarred Page, Derrick Johnson

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I will step up and defend my position! Hiring Crennel and Wies is great news, but that evaluation comes next season. This poll is on Pioli's first year. I am not happy with the last season, so I am disappointed! Why does this have reference to GM? He allowed a Rookie Head Coach be, OC, WRC, and ect. He okayed the release of Chan. Yes they may be reasons for all of that, and it looks like a winning staff is coming togather, but time will tell. Now does this mean I am upset, or do not like Piolie? Not at all, it just means I am disappointed in his first year. I am true to my team, THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!! and I always expect the best from them.

So there, I have spoken! So put it in stone.
    So he is doing the right things....but we are still disappointed. ok
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think you are going to see the same thing this year. I have this horrible feeling that even more of Herm's picks are going to be let go. Brodie Croyle, Dewayne Bowe, maybe even Jarred Page, Derrick Johnson

No doubt there will be cuts. I was happy with Peterson drafting Bowe, as I'd felt for a while they needed to draft a possible playmaking WR, & hoped he would be it. I think DJ & Bowe in particular do have talent & ability, and with the right coaches could develop to reveal such. Of course if they're cut/traded, and I'm right...it will be for a team other than the Chiefs.

I'm still upset Jared Allen is gone. I saw him on a commerical today for the NFL Playoffs...he's still so full of energy and love for the game...I want him back! I miss him making those contributions on our team, watching him interact with fans, getting them riled up.

I think a team and fans benefit greatly from a personality like Jareds, as well as his athletic contributions too of course...the whole package. There just aren't 'that' many players in the NFL who have that energy coming through with their compassion for the game, that kind of charisma with the fans. Vike's have two of them!...Favre & Allen.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I really viewed this past season as a 16 game preseason...this was a year of constant evaluation. The rosters between the Baltimore and Cincinnati game had like 20 different players or something crazy like that. Not to mention evaluating which coaches were worth keeping (apparantly none of the Peterson era coaches made the cut, which is a good thing.) This draft and this next season will tell the real tale

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    They did not have to be big free agent aquisitions. I know that there were some. I could go look them up if you want me to, but here is the reality.

We didn't do ANYTHING in free agency last season. We traded for a couple of backups to fill some holes, but we made no offers of any significance last season. 0. Now there has to have been a couple of players out there that we could have brought in.

I believe in the draft to build the team, but I have said a thousand times that you have to have a mix of veterans with the rookies. A lesson Edwards learned the hard way.
    Mike Brown and Mike Goff. They may not have looked too good this season, but both were very good players prior to this season.

I'm happy with Pioli. The first year under a new regime is always tough. You've got to find out what you've got to work with. I feel that throughout the season we discovered who we can rely on. Remember we not only changed our defensive scheme, but our offensive scheme as well. This combined with our 2-14 record last year surely didn't equate to a big win season. what I do see is progress and a lot of upside. I didn't see any of this with Herm and Peterson.

The start to the 2010 season is already off to a great start and my expectations are much higher this year. There is no reason we should have a record any worse than 7-9 next season. GO CHIEFS!!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast