View Poll Results: How happy are you with Scott Pioli after 1 season?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrilled

20 30.77%
  • Happy

24 36.92%
  • Neutral

16 24.62%
  • Disappointed

5 7.69%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

Default Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    Last edited by Coach; 01-14-2010 at 11:08 PM.

To all that are disapointed I can see why you are a 4-12 season will be dissapointing to all fans of any team. But the question I have for you is did you realy realy expect this team to be good. We made progress from a year ago. We DOUBLED the number of wins.

Chan being fired was probley a good thing by the end of the season. Did it hurt at the start of the season yes. But look at the offense at the end of the year. It looked like a NFL offense. Yes Jamal helped in that but if Haley waited a year we would start this upcomeing season installing a BRAND NEW offense. There is an arguement for what haley did. Things will change a little but it will not be a brand new offense.

I have said many times this would not have been a good team no matter who was the GM and who was the head coach. But anytime one of my teams doubles there win toatal from the year before. I am happy. This team made progress thats all you can ask for from a guy in his first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I only quoted the part of your post I want to reply to. I don't think hiring Haley was a mistake, but I do agree with you on I don't think it's a coincidence that we hired 2 ex-coaches to compliment Haley's early transitions years into the NFL as a Head Coach.

This is speculation and a big 'IF'...I also see the hiring of such as a possible further back up plan in place, just in case Haley doesn't fulfill Pioli's expectations as a Head Coach...he may feel he now already has a replacement in position to replace Haley.
    I think you make a good point and, from my point of view, it's possible that Haley will learn from his mistakes and his coordinators.

I really hope he turns out to be a great coach!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    To all that are disapointed I can see why you are a 4-12 season will be dissapointing to all fans of any team. But the question I have for you is did you realy realy expect this team to be good. We made progress from a year ago. We DOUBLED the number of wins.

Chan being fired was probley a good thing by the end of the season. Did it hurt at the start of the season yes. But look at the offense at the end of the year. It looked like a NFL offense. Yes Jamal helped in that but if Haley waited a year we would start this upcomeing season installing a BRAND NEW offense. There is an arguement for what haley did. Things will change a little but it will not be a brand new offense.

I have said many times this would not have been a good team no matter who was the GM and who was the head coach. But anytime one of my teams doubles there win toatal from the year before. I am happy. This team made progress thats all you can ask for from a guy in his first season.
    In any season where we have no chance of the playoffs, I look at our players and the promise of the next season. This has been said before but I don't think our performance on the field this year was better than the prior year.

The last game against Denver has really made me re-think my earlier criticism though. I thought that was the best game in 2 seasons for us. The only question I have is whether we caught a Denver team that's heart really wasn't in the game or whether that game showed our future promise.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    The only question I have is whether we caught a Denver team that's heart really wasn't in the game or whether that game showed our future promise.
    The playoffs were on the line for the Donks, so I'm hoping that it showed our future promise.

IMO their HC huge ego had a big part in it also. He wasn;t worried about sitting two of his best recievers out because he just knew he was going to run the ball for 250 yds like other teams. OPPS! Didn;t happen.

In any season where we have no chance of the playoffs, I look at our players and the promise of the next season. This has been said before but I don't think our performance on the field this year was better than the prior year.

The last game against Denver has really made me re-think my earlier criticism though. I thought that was the best game in 2 seasons for us. The only question I have is whether we caught a Denver team that's heart really wasn't in the game or whether that game showed our future promise.
    I can't imagine their hearts not being in the game, considering they needed to beat Kansas City for a possible shot as a Wildcard team. If for no other reason than for sake of not being able to in a long time, I'm gonna look at our win in Denver as showing our future promise! Nothing could've been sweeter with ending our transitional season!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I can't imagine their hearts not being in the game, considering they needed to beat Kansas City for a possible shot as a Wildcard team. If for no other reason than for sake of not being able to in a long time, I'm gonna look at our win in Denver as showing our future promise! Nothing could've been sweeter with ending our transitional season!
    Both Coach and you are probably right about Denver giving it their all.

The thing that made me question their resolve was the suspensions before the game and their quality of play in the second half.

Both Coach and you are probably right about Denver giving it their all.

The thing that made me question their resolve was the suspensions before the game and their quality of play in the second half.
    I wasn't aware of any pre-game suspensions. I have a bit of a hearing loss (too many rock concerts standing close to the amps on stage, which I still stupidly do! haha)...so pay no attention sometimes to what the commentators are saying, since I often can't understand them with all the background noise...assuming they mentioned the suspensions.

Possibly whatever happened between the HC & DC happened during half time, and that dissention was reflected the second half. It's hard to say really...only the Donk's know for sure where they went wrong. Well, those not in egotistical self denial anyway, hahaha.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-19-2010 at 02:03 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678