Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
What options? Who were the big aquisitions to be had? His job was General Manager. NOt head of player personnel.
Actually, his job title was officially, Vice President, Player Personnel.

Scott Pioli - Official New England Patriots Biography

I believe that Bill Belichek is technically both Head Coach and GM, but I might be wrong about that. Anyway, I was referring to his official title, and that title was VP of Player Personel and NOT General Manager.

Now, as for the rest of your post, I am happy that he made the changes he made, I am still not thrilled with the Haley hiring, nor am I happy that he did not address the offensive line in the offseason nor did he do it in the draft, I am also not thrilled about the Cassel hire, nor the subsequent huge contract he was given.

I know he was not out there looking for the specific needs of the Chiefs, but I am sure that in your job as EMT, you are not just sitting around waiting until you need particular piece of equipment before you evaluate it. I view it the same way with personnel, there are a finite number of players out there, and I would expect if I were in charge of Player Personnel for a NFL team, I would be evaluating every one of them.

So I voted neutral. I hope I can vote thrilled next season!