View Poll Results: How happy are you with Scott Pioli after 1 season?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrilled

20 30.77%
  • Happy

24 36.92%
  • Neutral

16 24.62%
  • Disappointed

5 7.69%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

Default Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    Last edited by Coach; 01-14-2010 at 11:08 PM.

i pretty much like everything he did except trade TG (although some ay speculate that was more Tony's wish than Pioli's doing...)

other than that, this year's struggles were to be expected to me. He certainly hasnt made any grave mistakes like not re-signing the best DE in football and signing an a-whole runningback long term. If Carl wouldve given JA his money, maybe herm would still be here today....

with each passing day, i am more happy with Pioli. i like the Weiss and Crennel hirings. LOVE the Krumrie firing. heres to a changed defense in 2010 you can count on that....

and offensively, this team is only getting better. defensively we need some work. big time...

It would have been between neutral/disappointed if Wies and Crennel hadn't been added. But thats on Haley's part. I voted thrilled because of the new addition of Crennel and Wies.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I was a bit disappointed but overall I'm optimistic about Pioli. Perhaps it's semantics, but I don't think I would include the Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss acquisitions (which I think are great!) in his first year since it came after his first season.

I think with Weiss and Crennel, Haley will have the support he needs to succeed and flourish into a great coach.

I dont think I could be happier with what he did in his first year. I was in love with him from the moment he told herm edwards to hit the road. We might have only won 4 games this season but I think now for the first time in a long time this team is truley going in the right direction. Thank You Scott Pioli.

just as long as they sign some good players not people like mike brown ill be happy

Neutral.

Just because it's only been his first year with the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Neutral.

Just because it's only been his first year with the Chiefs.
    I voted Neutrel too.

I voted disappointed, But only because, my expectations are always high! I fully expected to have more wins this year than we had. Yes rebuilding takes time, but then again I am tired of rebuilding!
    That said, I am going to give a break to Clark, Scott, and Todd, for this last season of pain. With the new changes, I will give them room for improvement, like 10 wins more or less. give or take, AFC West champs, plus more.
    Then I might become happy! Until then, I will still be watching, and will always LOVE MY CHIEFS, and waiting for the GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I voted disappointed, But only because, my expectations are always high! I fully expected to have more wins this year than we had. Yes rebuilding takes time, but then again I am tired of rebuilding!
    That said, I am going to give a break to Clark, Scott, and Todd, for this last season of pain. With the new changes, I will give them room for improvement, like 10 wins more or less. give or take, AFC West champs, plus more.
    Then I might become happy! Until then, I will still be watching, and will always LOVE MY CHIEFS, and waiting for the GAME!
    The will rise again one day! Next year I would like them to get a 8-8 record or better. that would be great!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast