View Poll Results: How happy are you with Scott Pioli after 1 season?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrilled

20 30.77%
  • Happy

24 36.92%
  • Neutral

16 24.62%
  • Disappointed

5 7.69%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

Default Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    Last edited by Coach; 01-14-2010 at 11:08 PM.

I voted nuetral, I think I have more issue with how Lamar and Peterson handled the end of the season. I think the recent coach hirings were good, but I am really disappointed that we put together a makeshift team once again when there were options available.

I know, I know, people want to give him a pass because he was new and did not have a team together. I say that he is a football professional and should have had a better read on what was available out there. He WAS head of player personnel after all.

I know, I am pretty much a harda$$ on this, but geez man, it is your job, you should have an idea of what is available.

He gets a nuertral, now let's see what happens this season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I voted nuetral, I think I have more issue with how Lamar and Peterson handled the end of the season. I think the recent coach hirings were good, but I am really disappointed that we put together a makeshift team once again when there were options available.

I know, I know, people want to give him a pass because he was new and did not have a team together. I say that he is a football professional and should have had a better read on what was available out there. He WAS head of player personnel after all.

I know, I am pretty much a harda$$ on this, but geez man, it is your job, you should have an idea of what is available.

He gets a nuertral, now let's see what happens this season.
    What options? Who were the big aquisitions to be had? His job was General Manager. NOt head of player personnel. And do you really think that while he was in the midst of another playoff run with the Pats, that he was thinking about the needs of the Kansas City Chiefs??

Seems to me like you are just reaching for anything to keep from getting your hopes up. The hiring of Romeo Crennel and Charlie Wies does not get you past neutral? These poor b@stards from the GM to the Coaching Staff to the players. They are just gonna get bagged on no matter what they do!! I could not be happier with what he has helped this team accomplish. Who gives a sh!t about wins and losses now. I care that we found out what guys on this team can do. See who is worth keeping and who needs to be gone. I like that he got us the best offensive and defensive coordinators in the league. To me that is better than signing a couple of old vets who may or may not have gotten us 2 more wins and set us back in talent evaluation. I like that there is a feelng of hope and excitement buzzing around Chiefs fans. Remember a year ago (give or tak) we still had Herm Edwards, we won 2 games, and CP was in his 20th year as GM. Look at us now....who else could have done that in a year?

Rome was not built in a day!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Smile

I voted dissapointed............

Probably should have fit neutral better.

I was very disappointed in the TG trade. You just don't trade your best and hardest working player,especially when you are building a team and your trade can't be used till the following year. Also he was by far the best mentour on the team. (sure he wanted traded, but he still gave his all, unlike 80% of the team)

The 2009 draft overall was a joke.

The firing of the good OC was plain stupid.
    Has any of you all ever heard of a first year head coach not having an OC to help him out?

Play calling sucked mustard!

60 million dollar man was a mistake, Sure he had many drops, but many of those badly thrown balls. He was sacked more with Tom Bradys OL.

I know they stepped into a terrible situation,And in can't be fixed over night.
    Its hard to be patient.

All the above tells me they didn't expect to win in 09. But use it to evaluate players. It however may prove to be the right thing to have done, time will tell.

I would rather have 1 more bad year and then be real competetive then to resume many years of many losses.

Sorry I had to vent.
    Now for 2010 I see everything different.I am excited to see what they are doing.

I see us winning a bunch of games with these coaches in place. Cassel has less then 2 years of starts, and showed HUGE improvements all way round. He will be good, (not great)

Haley became a players coach in the last several games and I could see a difference in the players. He is still learning, and has shown big improvements.

Best of all Hunt Jr. has figured it out, it takes money to win!!!

Go CHIEFS!!!!

Have a seat, the train is rolling in the right direction!
    We will see the playoffs in 2010!!!!!
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 01-16-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I said Happy. Pluses new coaches, bringing in new players all year, the players playing 60 minutes and never quitting on the field and moving in a positive direction. Negetives the big one is the record and the play of the defense.
    This poll relates to the performance of Pioli.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised that so many Chief's fans were thrilled after a 4 win season. Less than a 3rd so far have voted Neutral or disappointed.

I really hope we turn it around next year.
    This poll relates to the performance of Pioli. He does not control the record, only how the team reacts to it by bringing in players off the street if current players arent getting it done. You could certainly slight Pioli for the players he drafted though.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I voted dissapointed............

Play calling sucked mustard!
    This poll relates to the performance of Pioli.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Weis and Crennel was added the 2nd year, not his first.
    Pioli had a general idea of what he had in talent on the field. He knew he couldn`t do it in one year.
    Saying this i didnt think he didnt address the huge amount of holes we had and lack of talent on this team. Maybe if we didn`t have any cap room but we had big amounts. We didnt have to go hog wild and sign level 1 players but all we ended up is with goff level.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Didn't Pioli hire Haley?

I voted Happy because I'm not nuetral or disappointed by the job Pioli has done so far but we will soon see what Pioli is like without Belichek. He hired Haley, which I honestly believe has good intentions and grew as the season went on. People may say trading away Gonzo was an idiot move, but you don't want somebody that doesn't wanna be there, nor does Haley use TE's with TG's abilities. They are more blockers than anything. Due to Haley's hiring, the top notch assistants were already snatched up. He did what he could there, Pioli also had someone else's scouts for the draft, nearly a week after the draft he fired them. Pioli is getting comfortable in KC and made some tough decisions so far. I want to see how he does bringing in FA's to help this team. If he brings in a top notch Safety, Tackle, Nose Tackle or Wideout, I think we are going to be fine. If he brings one of ANY of those I think he can do the job for years to come.

I voted Nuetral.

There have been some things that I ahve disliked. But then, there have been some moves that I do like.

Basically, I find it real difficult to place enough blame/credit on a GM, in only one year, to sway me. And what might have swayed me to the negative from last offseason has been countered with the coordinator hirings this offseason.

With a GM, you make decisions, then find out if they were good one's after a couple of years.

So far, some look like they will prove to be bad moves, and other look like they will prove to be good moves.

What a depressing bunch. You guys would complain that SuperBowl trophy wasn't shiny enough when we win it.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    1. Should have been a no brainer.
    2. Waiting to see how that fans out. I'm not totally sold on him yet. Reserving judgement for another season or two.
    3. I'm excited about this. Very excited. Expecting good things.
    4. Chris Chambers - good. Bobby "Fair Catch" Wade - eh.
    5. Absolutely the best decision made all year.
    6. Was sorry to see Tony go, but I honestly think it was the best thing for the team.

Another thing is that he seems to make the best decisions for the team that he can regardless of fan feedback. There are some people who don't appreciate it now, but I really think they will in a few years.

Although I'm reserving judgement on a few areas to see how they pan out after a few seasons, I'd say he's doing a great job.
    Last edited by luv; 01-16-2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast