View Poll Results: How happy are you with Scott Pioli after 1 season?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrilled

20 30.77%
  • Happy

24 36.92%
  • Neutral

16 24.62%
  • Disappointed

5 7.69%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

Default Rate Pioli's 1st year on the job

The 1st year under Pioli is complete. THe Chiefs obviously had a very tough season in 2009, but here is a partial list of his achievements.

1. Fired Herm Edwards
    2. Hired Todd Haley
    3. Brought in Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss
    4. Continually searched the waiver wire to bring in players during the season including Chris Chambers.
    5. Cut LJ
    6. Traded Gonzo for 2nd round pick

I am thrilled with what he has accomplished in only 1 year with the Chiefs.

Great job Scott!
    Last edited by Coach; 01-14-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What options? Who were the big aquisitions to be had? His job was General Manager. NOt head of player personnel.
    Actually, his job title was officially, Vice President, Player Personnel.

Scott Pioli - Official New England Patriots Biography

I believe that Bill Belichek is technically both Head Coach and GM, but I might be wrong about that. Anyway, I was referring to his official title, and that title was VP of Player Personel and NOT General Manager.

Now, as for the rest of your post, I am happy that he made the changes he made, I am still not thrilled with the Haley hiring, nor am I happy that he did not address the offensive line in the offseason nor did he do it in the draft, I am also not thrilled about the Cassel hire, nor the subsequent huge contract he was given.

I know he was not out there looking for the specific needs of the Chiefs, but I am sure that in your job as EMT, you are not just sitting around waiting until you need particular piece of equipment before you evaluate it. I view it the same way with personnel, there are a finite number of players out there, and I would expect if I were in charge of Player Personnel for a NFL team, I would be evaluating every one of them.

So I voted neutral. I hope I can vote thrilled next season!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

My question was...who were the big free agent aquisitions that we should have gotten? who was available that would have really upgraded this team?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

My question was...who were the big free agent aquisitions that we should have gotten? who was available that would have really upgraded this team?
    Me! and I would have been cheap, 2 mill would have signed me to take one hit, and go on injured reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Me! and I would have been cheap, 2 mill would have signed me to take one hit, and go on injured reserve.
    Oh man that would have been a pick up. I think all gms should be fired for missiing you.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Oh man that would have been a pick up. I think all gms should be fired for missiing you.
    I agree!

Darren Sharper
    Deuce McCallister
    Chris McCalister
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

What a depressing bunch. You guys would complain that SuperBowl trophy wasn't shiny enough when we win it.

uh.. hi, we where the 5th worst team again this year.

Just becuase we have been mired in mediocrity for the past few years, doesnt mean a tiny iota of a less mediocre season should be anything but critiqued as such.

Plus, look at the poll, we have more people living in a fantasy world than we do folks who are grounded and view the team with an open mind.

What a depressing bunch. You guys would complain that SuperBowl trophy wasn't shiny enough when we win it.
    The question was to rate Pioli's first year. I think hiring Haley was a mistake. I don't think it's a coincidence that we hired 2 ex-coaches as coordinators. This can only help Haley.

I am optimistic for next year. If we make it to the playoffs the year after this, I will be very happy. Like many of us here, I've loved the Chiefs since I was very young. I want to see them succeed as much as anyone.

I haven't seen any opinions in this thread that are outrageous. I respect the other other opinions expressed. However, you didn't honestly expect everyone to be super thrilled with Pioli's performance did you?

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    uh.. hi, we where the 5th worst team again this year.

Just becuase we have been mired in mediocrity for the past few years, doesnt mean a tiny iota of a less mediocre season should be anything but critiqued as such.

Plus, look at the poll, we have more people living in a fantasy world than we do folks who are grounded and view the team with an open mind.

I can't speak for others, but don't think I'm being unrealistic for playoff hopes in 2010. I base my hopes on the overall picture, all factors considered, not just the hiring of new coaches...though this poll was related to such. No one is perfect at any job, including Pioli as a GM in the NFL...but, I am thrilled overall with the job he's done so far as the Chiefs GM.

I don't believe I'm wearing rose colored glasses when I see more positive than negative with our Chiefs being on the road to the playoffs in 2010.

No doubt I could be let down, nothing is guaranteed, been there done that many times...BUT, it feels very good to have such hopes during the off season & be truly looking forward to a new season. I do believe it is more possible than not, that we could make the playoffs in 2010...based upon the overall positive factor's to date, & with speculating as a result that more positive factor's are to come.

We have many of the Bronco & Raider fans worried now...they must see some positive factor's too.

GO CHIEFS 2010!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I can see some things haven't changed.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast