Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Regime Is Exciting

Default New Regime Is Exciting

I am new to this site, but my handle is not new to you long standing Chief site subscribers: JohnPaulII

I can only remember of few like AZ?????, the guy from LSU who had a tornado damage his home, the intolerable DavZit.

I am excited, optimistic about the new OC, DC coaches in the Chiefs organization. I do feel we need OL, SS, LB in the off season through the draft, or otherwise. Glad to be back. Pray for the earthquake victims.

I think we also have the 2 highest paid coordinators in the league right now...I think that says alot about how we are going to approach the FA market this season :) Clark knows he needs to open the wallet...

Agreed. The point I am making is, we finally have a chance to be the team that people will hate like the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, 49ers, etc. We need to get busy, now.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    I think we also have the 2 highest paid coordinators in the league right now...I think that says alot about how we are going to approach the FA market this season :) Clark knows he needs to open the wallet...
    I would imagine, that his 'Chiefs' wallet was beginning to get thin with revenues dropping more each year from fan's losing interest in attending games, lack of sales in the retail merchandising aspect and royalties paid the Chiefs for such, etc..

You have to spend money to make money...even in the NFL!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaulII View Post
    Agreed. The point I am making is, we finally have a chance to be the team that people will hate like the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, 49ers, etc. We need to get busy, now.
    I agree totally. I hope we don't end up hated though.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree totally. I hope we don't end up hated though.
    Money is a big thing. Anytime an owner-LH, passes on, the estate taxes alone are crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaulII View Post
    Money is a big thing. Anytime an owner-LH, passes on, the estate taxes alone are crippling.
    I hadn't thought about the tax aspect of Lamar's (RIP)passing. I don't know much about that sort of thing, or wealth for that matter, hahaha. Thinking about it now...there would be no legal loopholes to escape at least some of the estate taxes? I know there are way's around it with basic property inheritance's & such.

I was referring to the criticism Clark Hunt has received about not bringing any big money free agents...I think thats going to change now :)

To me it will be interesting to see with the ties to NE and AZ if people like Richard Seymour & Anton Boldin are picked up by KC this offseason...Rumor has it they will both be looking for new homes to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    To me it will be interesting to see with the ties to NE and AZ if people like Richard Seymour & Anton Boldin are picked up by KC this offseason...Rumor has it they will both be looking for new homes to play in.
    Both would be nice. I dont see us grabbing both of them. Boldin is far more likely. Though with the way the Cards offense sturggled yesterday I think they are going to do all that they can to resign him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast