Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: NFL Playoffs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default NFL Playoffs


    0 Not allowed!
    Who are you pulling for this post-season?


    I usually pull for the AFC to win, but this year I'm torn. I kind of want to pull for the Chargers (I know gross right) so I can say the Superbowl champs came out of the AFC West, but I also want them to experience misery. I may have to support the Saints.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    springfield mo
    Posts
    1,102
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Who are you pulling for this post-season?


    I usually pull for the AFC to win, but this year I'm torn. I kind of want to pull for the Chargers (I know gross right) so I can say the Superbowl champs came out of the AFC West, but I also want them to experience misery. I may have to support the Saints.
    I'm pulling for the chargers to lose.
    Chiefs in 2011

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm not loyal to the AFC, as I was raised a fan of both the AFL and NFL. The only loyalty I feel is for my Chiefs...so I root for whichever team I like best within the NFL. I root for a team usually for a sentimental reason.

    I'm rooting for the Vikes currently, because Favre is my favorite NFL QB and a fav player overall due to his obvious compassion for the game and positive energy on the field. As well, Jared Allen is one of my all time favorite Chiefs and NFL players for the same reasons as Favre. Lastly, another fav player...Stenerud went to the Vikes after being let go by the Chiefs.

    I also have a good friend who's as much a loyal Vike's fan as I am a Chiefs fan. If I can't root for my Chiefs, I will root for a friends team, they would do the same for me. :)

    If the Vikes don't advance, I'll root for the Saints. Again for sentimental reasons. I became partial to the Saints when Hank Stram left KC and became their HC.

    There is no AFC team in the playoffs this season of which I have any sentimental connection with.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm rooting for the Chiefs to make a push, but I'm thinking that probably won't happen haha.

    I would like to see the Jets do it since they are the biggest underdog left right now.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm rooting for the Chiefs to make a push, but I'm thinking that probably won't happen haha.

    I would like to see the Jets do it since they are the biggest underdog left right now.
    Last time I rooted for the Jets I found myself in hot water, haha. SBIII...I had a school girl crush on Namath, which led me to believe the Jet's would win. My dad however, couldn't stand "Broadway Joe"...I think he was jealous, haha. He bet me a months allowance the Jet's wouldn't win. I was a boastful winner, he was a sore loser with the power to send me to my room for being so boastful, lol.

    Come to think of it...I don't think I ever collected my winnings either, likely afraid to remind him, hahaha.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,304
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm rooting for Jared Allen to play well. I'm not a Jets fan at all.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The Jets have T Rich and the Vickings have JA, so I'll have to cheer for those teams.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Someplace
    Posts
    1,261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    My only interest in the remainder of the playoffs is the Saints and maybe the Jets just to see the kid's chances on a NFL legacy and to see the Colts booted. I can't stand all the man-crushes on Peyton Manning. Most of his fans are just bandwagoneers too which is the main reason I no longer really like him. Sucks since I followed him through Tennessee....
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 01-18-2010 at 01:24 PM.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    My only interest in the remainder of the playoffs is the Saints and maybe the Jets just to see the kid's chances on a NFL legacy and to see the Colts booted. I can't stand all the man-crushes on Peyton Manning. Most of his fans are just bandwagoneers too which is the main reason I no longer really like him. Sucks since I followed him through Tennessee....
    I developed a dislike for Manning back when the media began making him their golden boy, undeserved considering his stat's weren't that high, was known to throw interceptions, etc.. This was in the Chiefs Vermeil/Green era, and Green was under-rated, along with Brady & other top QB's for that matter...due to Manning being the golden boy.

    My dislike grew when his multi million dollar contract increased to the point his teammates Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison were traded as a result. Those guys worked hard, and helped win games for Manning. It seemed it was more about money than loyalty to teammates, and appeared to make an unspoken statement by Manning & the Colts...'as long as we have Manning any RB & WR, or other player's will do'.

    I've heard he's very egotistical, maybe he has a right to be, we all naturally have some ego, but ego maniac's rub me wrong. I really have no right to judge him, as I don't know him, and my opinion of him has been based somewhat on hearsay & speculation among the few journalists who had the courage to speak against Manning when his controversial contract made him the highest paid NFL player in history, and teammates lost their place on the Colts team as a result.

    I didn't like the Colt's anyway, due to their knocking the Chiefs out of the playoff's a couple times prior to Manning's reign, and I like them less now because of Manning. Also, with Manning they knocked us out of the playoffs again in 2003. Only cause our defense sucked, not so much because of Manning.

    I was happy for Tony Dungy however, when the Colts won their first SB with Manning, as I believe Tony deserved his SB ring and victory...Tampa did him wrong IMO. I'm partial to Tony anyway, from when he was the linebackers assistant coach with the Chiefs, came to KC same year DT was drafted, 1989.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm not loyal to the AFC, as I was raised a fan of both the AFL and NFL. The only loyalty I feel is for my Chiefs...so I root for whichever team I like best within the NFL. I root for a team usually for a sentimental reason.

    I'm rooting for the Vikes currently, because Favre is my favorite NFL QB and a fav player overall due to his obvious compassion for the game and positive energy on the field. As well, Jared Allen is one of my all time favorite Chiefs and NFL players for the same reasons as Favre. Lastly, another fav player...Stenerud went to the Vikes after being let go by the Chiefs.

    I also have a good friend who's as much a loyal Vike's fan as I am a Chiefs fan. If I can't root for my Chiefs, I will root for a friends team, they would do the same for me. :)

    If the Vikes don't advance, I'll root for the Saints. Again for sentimental reasons. I became partial to the Saints when Hank Stram left KC and became their HC.

    There is no AFC team in the playoffs this season of which I have any sentimental connection with.
    I'm taking back my last claim in this post...there is now a team I'm rooting for in the AFC of which I have a sentimental attachment! The JETS!

    With changes in my life the last couple years, I hadn't followed football as much, with exception of the Chiefs. I didn't realize T-Rich was now with the Jets, just assumed when he was no longer with the Vikes maybe he had retired...WRONG assumption!

    T-Rich is a former favorite great pro-bowl Chief, and he was very loyal to KC, the fans, & his team. He hosted Draft Day at Arrowhead each year, of which my family & I attended traditionally, with exception of the last two years.

    I'll be torn however, if both the Vikes and Jets make it to the SB...which of the two I'd want to win.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. When will KC make the playoffs again?
    By D.A.S. in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 08:30 PM
  2. Awesome first day of playoffs!!
    By Sn@keIze in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
  3. NBA playoffs.
    By m0ef0e in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
  4. THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 03:30 AM
  5. Playoffs?!?!
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 03:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •