Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Hybrid View

Default NFL Playoffs

Who are you pulling for this post-season?

I usually pull for the AFC to win, but this year I'm torn. I kind of want to pull for the Chargers (I know gross right) so I can say the Superbowl champs came out of the AFC West, but I also want them to experience misery. I may have to support the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Who are you pulling for this post-season?

I usually pull for the AFC to win, but this year I'm torn. I kind of want to pull for the Chargers (I know gross right) so I can say the Superbowl champs came out of the AFC West, but I also want them to experience misery. I may have to support the Saints.
    I'm pulling for the chargers to lose.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I'm pulling for the chargers to lose.
    You pulled right. They did lose. We are taking over this Division starting this season. "I'm your Huckleberry"!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaulII View Post
    You pulled right. They did lose. We are taking over this Division starting this season. "I'm your Huckleberry"!
    "Tombstone" with Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday is my all time favorite movie.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I'm not loyal to the AFC, as I was raised a fan of both the AFL and NFL. The only loyalty I feel is for my Chiefs...so I root for whichever team I like best within the NFL. I root for a team usually for a sentimental reason.

I'm rooting for the Vikes currently, because Favre is my favorite NFL QB and a fav player overall due to his obvious compassion for the game and positive energy on the field. As well, Jared Allen is one of my all time favorite Chiefs and NFL players for the same reasons as Favre. Lastly, another fav player...Stenerud went to the Vikes after being let go by the Chiefs.

I also have a good friend who's as much a loyal Vike's fan as I am a Chiefs fan. If I can't root for my Chiefs, I will root for a friends team, they would do the same for me. :)

If the Vikes don't advance, I'll root for the Saints. Again for sentimental reasons. I became partial to the Saints when Hank Stram left KC and became their HC.

There is no AFC team in the playoffs this season of which I have any sentimental connection with.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm not loyal to the AFC, as I was raised a fan of both the AFL and NFL. The only loyalty I feel is for my Chiefs...so I root for whichever team I like best within the NFL. I root for a team usually for a sentimental reason.

I'm rooting for the Vikes currently, because Favre is my favorite NFL QB and a fav player overall due to his obvious compassion for the game and positive energy on the field. As well, Jared Allen is one of my all time favorite Chiefs and NFL players for the same reasons as Favre. Lastly, another fav player...Stenerud went to the Vikes after being let go by the Chiefs.

I also have a good friend who's as much a loyal Vike's fan as I am a Chiefs fan. If I can't root for my Chiefs, I will root for a friends team, they would do the same for me. :)

If the Vikes don't advance, I'll root for the Saints. Again for sentimental reasons. I became partial to the Saints when Hank Stram left KC and became their HC.

There is no AFC team in the playoffs this season of which I have any sentimental connection with.
    I'm taking back my last claim in this post...there is now a team I'm rooting for in the AFC of which I have a sentimental attachment! The JETS!

With changes in my life the last couple years, I hadn't followed football as much, with exception of the Chiefs. I didn't realize T-Rich was now with the Jets, just assumed when he was no longer with the Vikes maybe he had retired...WRONG assumption!

T-Rich is a former favorite great pro-bowl Chief, and he was very loyal to KC, the fans, & his team. He hosted Draft Day at Arrowhead each year, of which my family & I attended traditionally, with exception of the last two years.

I'll be torn however, if both the Vikes and Jets make it to the SB...which of the two I'd want to win.

I'm rooting for the Chiefs to make a push, but I'm thinking that probably won't happen haha.

I would like to see the Jets do it since they are the biggest underdog left right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm rooting for the Chiefs to make a push, but I'm thinking that probably won't happen haha.

I would like to see the Jets do it since they are the biggest underdog left right now.
    Last time I rooted for the Jets I found myself in hot water, haha. SBIII...I had a school girl crush on Namath, which led me to believe the Jet's would win. My dad however, couldn't stand "Broadway Joe"...I think he was jealous, haha. He bet me a months allowance the Jet's wouldn't win. I was a boastful winner, he was a sore loser with the power to send me to my room for being so boastful, lol.

Come to think of it...I don't think I ever collected my winnings either, likely afraid to remind him, hahaha.

I'm rooting for Jared Allen to play well. I'm not a Jets fan at all.

The Jets have T Rich and the Vickings have JA, so I'll have to cheer for those teams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast