Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets fan arrested.

Default Jets fan arrested.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJqd_5fC7ZI"][/ame]***Edited by Chiefster***

I can't figure out why, even bolts fans were pleading that there was no reason for him being arrested.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 01-18-2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Thinking more about this though, wouldn't it have been cool if all the people in that section started chanting Jets, Jets Jets as the guy was being arrested?
    Yep, I do not know if there is more to the story, but I know that what I seen and this was not a fan that should have been removed for that, from anygame, let alone a playoff game! Makes one wonder if you can be a fan of any team, in any stadium.

The local news station in San Diego reports than an off-duty policeman was sitting in this section, and texted the officers to that Carroll (the arrested Jets fan) was drunk and causing problems for the section.

SDPD Responds To Arrest Of Jets Fan At Playoff Game - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

Seems like a sour fan, and policeman, couldn't take the razzing.

However...

In the arresting officers' defense, they recived a complaint that a fan was drunk and causing problems. Then, when trying to investigate the report, the subject was resistant to comply with them.

What I found extra offensive about the whole thing is how the nearby Chargers fan, who was defending the arrested Jates fan, was treated by another officer.

Officer - I just got here, ok? So I have no idea what you are talking about. But if you wanna talk to me, we can go outside and do it.

Charger fan - No, I don't wanna go out there.

Officer - Alright. Then don't talk to me that way.

Charger fan - I'm not allowed to talk to you?

Officer - Let's go outside. Come on.

< Officer physically "assists" Charger fan out. >

Appearently, you get arrested for talking to officers wrong too.

And, it seems the phrase "I'm not allowed to talk to you?" is exceptionally threatening, or something.

Also...

I dislike how alcohol sales are prohibitted "in public", and the stadium is not considered to be in public. But a fan can be arrested for being "drunk in public" in that same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The local news station in San Diego reports than an off-duty policeman was sitting in this section, and texted the officers to that Carroll (the arrested Jets fan) was drunk and causing problems for the section.

SDPD Responds To Arrest Of Jets Fan At Playoff Game - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

However...

In the arresting officers' defense, they recived a complaint that a fan was drunk and causing problems. Then, when trying to investigate the report, the subject was resistant to comply with them.

What I found extra offensive about the whole thing is how the nearby Chargers fan, who was defending the arrested Jates fan, was treated by another officer.

Officer - I just got here, ok? So I have no idea what you are talking about. But if you wanna talk to me, we can go outside and do it.

And, it seems the phrase "I'm not allowed to talk to you?" is exceptionally threatening, or something.

Also...

I dislike how alcohol sales are prohibitted "in public", and the stadium is not considered to be in public. But a fan can be arrested for being "drunk in public" in that same spot.
    I agree 100%...the entire thing is just WRONG on the side of the cops from what I've seen and read. I am impressed with the many Charger fans who were reported to have given the arrested man's girlfriend their phone numbers, saying they would testify in court the man did nothing wrong or abnormal to warrant his being approached & arrested.

He wasn't resisting arrest, he was resisting being unfairly judged and not being given any reasonable explanation for what was happening. A person has a right to know why they're being approached and arrested. It's obvious the cops were on a power ride with the way they treated the San Diego fan who attempted to intervene.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

They also arrested over 30 fans for being "too rowdy"!!!

Well, all my rowdy friends have NOT settled down, including me at a Chiefs game, and likely never will...so I hope the cops at Arrowhead don't follow suit. I can't attend a Chiefs game and not appear rowdy with being excited, cheering, participating as a 12th man, etc..

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

However...

Also...

...Excellent point!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree 100%...the entire thing is just WRONG on the side of the cops from what I've seen and read. I am impressed with the many Charger fans who were reported to have given the arrested man's girlfriend their phone numbers, saying they would testify in court the man did nothing wrong or abnormal to warrant his being approached & arrested.

He wasn't resisting arrest, he was resisting being unfairly judged and not being given any reasonable explanation for what was happening. A person has a right to know why they're being approached and arrested. It's obvious the cops were on a power ride with the way they treated the San Diego fan who attempted to intervene.
    Well, that could be an escuse for 90% of those who resist arrest.

The part that was not recorded, at the beginning of the confrontation, would be where one would be able to judge rather they were justified in going from "trying to talk to him", to arresting him.

According to nearby Charger fans...they didn't approach him to simply talk, they immediately began to arrest him. The cops are saying the few seconds it doesn't show that the guy head butted a cop while trying to be restrained...so okay, why were they restraining him only to talk to him? If it's even true he tried to head butt a cop that is...the witness' are saying he didn't...that he simply kept trying to pull away asking why & not understanding why he was being arrested.

Heck...I figure the Charger fan's who witnessed it are being honest...the guy was a loud Jet's fan...if he was doing anything wrong, they would've happily said so I would think, rather than defend him.

Yeah, heaven forbid that a fan yell and cheer for his/her team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123