Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Trivia: How well do you know the Chiefs?

Default Chiefs Trivia: How well do you know the Chiefs?

I'm bored...can ya tell? hahaha I was thinking in my boredom...I wish there was a way to play Chiefs Trivia here. The only way would be an honor system...to where one didn't look up the answer's. It might be a way for the younger fans to learn some Chiefs history too...since some have said they're not as familiar with older player's and Chiefs history in unrelated posts.

So...how well do you know your Chiefs? Here are some trivia questions:

1) Which Chief's kicker holds the franchise record for the longest Field Goal?

2) Who was the very first Chief to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame?

3) How many Chiefs are there in the NFL Hall of Fame?

4) How many times in their franchise history have the Chiefs won their Division Title since moving to KC in 1963?

5) Which former Chief has had more petitions presented by fan's to the Hall of Fame Board of Directors for nomination than any other?

6) What year did Arrowhead host the first Chiefs game?

7) How many years was Len Dawson the Chiefs starting QB?

8) What is the name of the most infamous Chiefs kicker...note I said 'in'famous, haha.

9) Which former Chief, who became a Cowboy...was responsible for a sack that resulted in a fumble at the goal line, and cost the Chiefs the game, which prevented their advancing to the playoffs that season?

10) Neil Smith often imitated a baseball swing after a sack...why?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I guess just post your answers, and state how long it took you to answer all 10 questions. If you don't know the answer just put 'don't know', or make a guess, haha.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Started 8:27 Central

1. Nick Lowery?
    2. Lamar Hunt
    3. 14
    4. 6
    5. Don't know but I will guess Emmit Thomas.. just a guess
    6. 1972
    7. 6 years, if you only consider the Chiefs and not the Texans
    8. Lin Ell.. No.. I can't say it
    9. Don't Know
    10. Don't Know

Ended 8:32

Resident Celebrity

I don't know them half as well as I'd like.

I know the main chiefs events in history but i wasn't around then so not that many. I know a lot about the current chiefs though.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Started 8:27 Central

1. Nick Lowery?

2. Lamar Hunt
    3. 14
    4. 6
    5. Don't know but I will guess Emmit Thomas.. just a guess
    6. 1972
    7. 6 years, if you only consider the Chiefs and not the Texans
    8. Lin Ell.. No.. I can't say it
    9. Don't Know
    10. Don't Know

Ended 8:32

Perhaps Jan Stenerud

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm bored...can ya tell? hahaha I was thinking in my boredom...I wish there was a way to play Chiefs Trivia here. The only way would be an honor system...to where one didn't look up the answer's. It might be a way for the younger fans to learn some Chiefs history too...since some have said they're not as familiar with older player's and Chiefs history in unrelated posts.

So...how well do you know your Chiefs? Here are some trivia questions:

1) Which Chief's kicker holds the franchise record for the longest Field Goal?

2) Who was the very first Chief to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame?

3) How many Chiefs are there in the NFL Hall of Fame?

4) How many times in their franchise history have the Chiefs won their Division Title since moving to KC in 1963?

5) Which former Chief has had more petitions presented by fan's to the Hall of Fame Board of Directors for nomination than any other?

6) What year did Arrowhead host the first Chiefs game?

7) How many years was Len Dawson the Chiefs starting QB?

8) What is the name of the most infamous Chiefs kicker...note I said 'in'famous, haha.

9) Which former Chief, who became a Cowboy...was responsible for a sack that resulted in a fumble at the goal line, and cost the Chiefs the game, which prevented their advancing to the playoffs that season?

10) Neil Smith often imitated a baseball swing after a sack...why?
    1. Nick Lowery?

2. Bobby Bell?

3. About 7 or 8?

4. 8?

5. Has to be DT

6. 1976

7. 5, I think. He was with several teams before becoming a Chief.

8. Nick Lowery

9. Scott Fujita.

10. Didn't he play Baseball in College?

I am not sure how close I am on some of these, being that I am not that old, I would have had to hear stories about most of them.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well, I don't know near as much as I should, or would like to either, haha. I did ask questions I knew the answer's too, however.

I'll go ahead and give the answer's in this round, just cause I can't stand not telling ya, hahaha.

Answers:

#1 Nick Lowery is correct!

#2 I didn't make the question clear since I didn't say 'player'...so either of these answer's could be considered correct...Lamar was the first Chief inducted...1972! Bobby Bell was the first Chief player...1983!

#3 There are 9 Chiefs in the HOF now, including Lamar. This does not include Marcus Allen, Montana, etc...only those who were inducted as Chiefs, and only Chiefs.

#4 They won one in 1962, but hadn't moved to KC yet, so I'm not including that one. The answer is they have won 6 since moving to KC...AFL 1966...as AFC, 1971, 1993, 1995, 1997, and 2003. They actually didn't win their division in 1969, Raiders did. They beat the Raiders in a playoff game to go on to play in and win SBIV.

#5 Otis Taylor...has been the Chief fans have petitioned the most for over the years to be inducted into the NFL HOF. Not DT, cause most knew eventually he would be inducted, but many fans feel Otis is deserving and will never be inducted without petitioning effort. However, as yrs pass the petition drives have faded out. :(

#6 First game at Arrowhead was in 1972...same year Lamar was inducted into the HOF. Same year I graduated from High School a year early as a junior...that's how I can remember!

#7 Including 1962 the Chiefs were still the Texans, Len was the starting QB for 14 years!!

#8 I'll just give his initials L.E., hahaha.

#9 That would be Scott Fujita! Peterson bad KARMA! Another uspetting trade by Peterson! I was upset when he let Scott go, and it came back to haunt the Chiefs that very next season when Scott made the sack that caused Trent to fumble. The fumble was recovered by Dallas leading to a score. Many fans saw that game as being the one they should've won, & needed to make the playoffs in 2005. They finished 10-6, but that wasn't good enough in 2005. Scott only played for Dallas 1 or 2 seasons, then went to the Saints, he's still with the Saints.

#10 Neil is an avid baseball fan, and his baseball swing was in honor of one of his favorite MLB players, and friend...George Brett. Neils swing had the nickname of being called 'The George Brett Salute'.

I didnt no many of these I knew the kicker one and Scoot Fujita thats about it. I guess that shows my age lol.

I could be off on the years Len Dawson was the starter...he was a QB with the Chiefs for 14 yrs, but I can't say for sure he was the starter each of those 14 yrs...can't remember that far back, hahaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast